1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Surface furniture sometimes breaks what's placed on it.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Spoon Boy, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

I just placed a campfire on top of some chic fridges (don't judge me!) and a small cargo storage unit on top of a massively sized one and they broke when teleporting out and returning.

I also see this behavior occasionally when visiting NPC settlements (sometimes I'll find bowls and cups on the floor). It seems random. When I tried to repeat this an additional time, the campfire broke but the storage unit did not.

20160605173911_1.jpg

2. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

that happened to me a few times with an avian character....I stacked some wooden crates on top of one another to store items so if i die i don't drop them all.
    I teleported back later to find 2 of the 3 crates broke and the materials disappeared....back to square one. :p

it doesn't seem to happen if they all have their own ground space though...
    and yeah i've seen it happen in npc villages as well..

also nice house!
    the best I've ever done was restore one of those tower castle ruins on the starter worlds.

3. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

Haha, thanks. It's very crudely made compared to the things I used to do (but would always get wiped after working on them for a week). I'm actually trying to transform it into a more proper structure now.

For now what you saw there is an arrangement of fridges to do all the cooking recipes (1 for campfire results, 6 for the table tabs). Old fashioned ones are holding the uncooked supplies that I can't grow in my farm yet. I was trying to put the crafting stations on the fridges but those broke. lol ...I think I lost all the materials in the storage containers, too, but I can't tell what was lost if so.

4. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

I'm also having this problem, so I try to avoid putting chest or storage on top of one another, but I do hope it gets fixed really soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.