WIP Sweardew Valley [Currently only Abigail]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JasonFreeYT, Mar 15, 2016.

?

What do you think? Should i continue making this for other characters, or should i just stop?

1. You should continue making the mod!

78.3%
  2. No, you should stop making the mod.

4.7%
  3. Do what you will, I don't care.

17.1%
  1. JasonFreeYT

JasonFreeYT Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So after watching a few let's plays of Stardew Valley after playing the game for myself, i thought to myself, "Hey, what if the villagers of Stardew Valley started swearing? That'd be pretty funny" That was me to myself while watching Markiplier play Stardew Valley, and it all started in this thread i made and then just like that, i screwed around with the files [With thanks to Delsin7 cause he pointed out where the Dialogue files were located in] and after it worked, i decided to try and attempt to make it a reality!

[Since i don't know how to add the Spoiler things, i'll just post the images]

Here are some screenshots from the game :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for now, I've only modded Abigail's Dialogues (Marriage and Mail not included yet), but if people want me to do other people swearing, i will do it, in due time.

Instructions :

- Same as any other mods, just paste the files to wherever Stardew Valley is located, and when you are prompted to replace, just replace it (Oh, i also recommend you to back up your files first before doing this).

Note :

- I've read the rules and guidelines, and i don't think this violates any rules, but if it does, I apologize in advance.
    - I've also added a few extra lines of Dialogue to Abigail's 10 Heart cutscene.
    - This is also my first mod, so forgive me for any mistakes i make in this mod.

Attached Files:

Gabaw, TheFiddleCat, Marose and 2 others like this.
    • GreaterPorpoise

GreaterPorpoise Void-Bound Voyager

Abigail's a good character to start with. I'd love to see more though I'm not sure if this is fitting for every character. Some of them do already use 'damn' I think (or maybe it was 'darn' and I misread it) but some one like Harvey or Penny swearing feels odd. Also, it'd be cool if some characters 'kept it clean' until you befriended them and they feel comfortable enough to let loose. But in any case, it'll be a cool mod nonetheless. Keep up the good work! :D

• JasonFreeYT

Well obviously i'm not doing them for people like vincent, evelyn, jas, or anyone like that, but if people want it, i'd create it, also i don't know what dialogues would trigger when you befriend them, sooo... i'd try if i have the time, next i'll probably do either Sebastian or Shane, seems appropriate enough xD and thanks!

• GreaterPorpoise

GreaterPorpoise Void-Bound Voyager

xD Ironically, Evelyn says something about George's "damned television set". She was the one I was thinking about when it came to characters already swearing. Anyways, I'll pay more attention to the friendship lines and make suggestions if I think of any but if you've not played too much of the game yet, you enjoy the game first, friend. I don't want to spoil it for you! :)

• JasonFreeYT

Thanks xD I'm like only halfway into the game when i made this xp

• Marose

Marose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait for Shane to tell me to fuck off... :)

• MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

if she asks you to have childs...ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
                [​IMG]

• Mabu

Mabu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would happily do a second run to play this when it is complete.

haha now my thoughts are running silly like if certain characters, (wizard for example) were polite then started swearing more as you grew closer. And oh jeeze. Parenthood. "I cant ** sleep"

• vbn001

vbn001 Space Hobo

First time using this mod... But it doesn't work for me.. nothing different. Can you give more details about how to use it correctly? I did the copy and paste but it doesn't work.

• JasonFreeYT

Well, it's only abigail, and it may or may not work since this was before a lot of updates.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Yes, please continue. Sorry. Please fucking continue :rofl: By the way, spoilers are BBCode so you can write the word spoiler in between these brackets [] and then whatever you type afterward will be hidden. If you want to hide only a certain section, you can write spoiler in the brackets, put whatever needs to be hidden after it, then write /spoiler in the same [] brackets.