1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Suggestion System/Console Tags on Posts for Convenience

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Seismothesaurus, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did a quick search and didn't see this come up, so hopefully it's not a repeat suggestion.

With certain games coming to more systems/consoles, it would be useful if our posts could display what system(s) we play on, maybe in the sidebar beneath our forum title or somewhere else unobtrusive. Stardew Valley, for example, is on PC, Xbox, PS4 (I think?), and now Switch. When people ask for help or suggestions, it would save time and prevent assumptions if we could see what system they're playing on in order to know if our suggestions are relevant. (The main thing in my experience has been with mods. There's no reason to suggest them to people who can't use them.) Ideally people would state up front what they're playing on when they have questions, but of course it often doesn't happen!

We could set these options via checkboxes from our profile page and maybe order them by preference if we play on more than one system. I think this is a feature a lot of people would appreciate.