1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Tabletop RPG] SRPG - Starbound Roleplaying Game (Unofficial)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Neapher, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krylo

krylo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Think D&D.

2. Neapher

Neapher Phantasmal Quasar

3. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Can't wait to see how this is gonna end up, I'm really excited to try it out when it finishes.

4. Neapher

Neapher Phantasmal Quasar

Due to popular recommendation (and a totally unexpected design flaw) I'm re-making the skill/ability system entirely.

I'm still deciding what I'll be basing it on, but I can say it won't be D20. It might base around the Fate system, or the D100 system. I'll let you all know as soon as I've decided.

5. WindsOfChang

WindsOfChang Intergalactic Tourist

I know it has sort of a negative stigma, but have you thought about modding the WoD system? It's somewhat fitting for the free form/classless nature of Starbound, and relatively easy to pick up/mod. I'm, of course, referring to the system, not the actual content.

6. krylo

krylo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]

The content is the only thing White Wolf's storyteller system has ever had going for it. It's a clunky, mechanically unsound, and clumsy system to work with. If it weren't running pretty unique game experiences (WoD and Exalted are both pretty unique in concept, for tabletop), I doubt anyone would use it.

7. Calibanana

Calibanana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Colonel, it's been seven years...

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Replying to a 7 year old thread with nothing to add constitutes a necro post. Necro posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Locking this one up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.