1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Taurikin Race 0.2.3.1

6 limbs are better than 4.

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

DrPvtSkittles submitted a new mod:

Taurikin Race - 6 limbs are better than 4.

Read more about this mod...

2. BOTFrosty

BOTFrosty Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, i have extracted it and put it into the mods folder, but starbound just doesn't show it. Even the mod manager detects it, but it never is available to choose. What do i do?

3. Trek47

Trek47 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's a quick little backstory I came up with in about ten minutes on a less-than-fully awake-brain

The Taurikins hail from an idyllic planet covered in vast woodlands. Their history is ancient, with the first civilizations rising some 25,000 years ago as communities began settling in forest clearings and developing agriculture. Over time, these communities agglomerated into complex herd-clans based around family lines. As the millennia passed, the herd-clans became more powerful and advanced through the technological ages slowly but steadily. Their Industrial Age proved to be a challenging time for their race, as wars between herd-clans became larger and more destructive; all the while, their forests were razed for expansion and the air was polluted due to industry.

Around Awakening Year -100 by the Taurikin calendar, a quasi-religious movement was founded by an individual known today only as Prophet Jawihin. Claiming to have been approached by the gods themselves to change the world for the better, he preached for a return to traditional values and respect for the natural world in what became known as the Creed of Atonement. He began gathering followers and spreading his tenets peacefully to any herd-clans who would hear them, until his followers controlled his entire continent. Now firmly established, they began spreading the Creed to the rest of the world, sometimes peacefully and sometimes less so. Finally, in Awakening Year 0, their task was complete and Jawihin's grandson Gyrathos became the first High Priest of the newly-founded League of the Sacred World.

Now unified under a single banner, the Taurikins developed space travel, launching the first satellite into orbit of their world in Awakening Year 62. From there, they began gradually exploring their solar system with series of unmanned probes and expeditions. The turning point of their history came in Awakening Year 170, when the brilliant inventor Ericol developed the first jump drive. He personally took his ship to the system's Oort Cloud and made a successful jump to the nearest star and back. Initially unbeknownst to the Taurikins, a Hylotl scout vessel operating in the sector detected the subspace disturbances from the jump and concluded the Taurikins had reached a sufficient level of technology to warrant first contact. Days later, the Hylotl landed on the Taurikin homeworld and made first contact. In addition to making the League a client state of the Hylotl and giving them advanced technology, the Hylotl also taught the Taurikins the values of peace and enlightenment.

Today, the Taurikin are a pacifistic race dedicated to living in harmony with nature and others. Though largely keeping to themselves, many young Taurikins choose instead leave their space and become wandering explorers or members of the Terrene Protectorate. Though still remaining as peaceful as the Hylotl, these starbound individuals have managed to make names for themselves as warriors skilled in gunplay and swordfighting.

4. DrPvtSkittles

What does your log say? It's in your storage folder.

I have just downloaded the file from here, and put it into my mods folder and it works fine. I wonder if there is some kind of conflict I am unaware of.

5. DrPvtSkittles

You know, I'm diggin the idea of them having a strong religious sect. I could see them being one with nature.

6. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles updated Taurikin Race with a new update entry:

Small fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. BOTFrosty

I'm gonna upload my log since it's easier, i honestly don't know what to do.

Attached Files:

8. DrPvtSkittles

9. BOTFrosty

Yea, now the mod is working fine. Sorry for wasting your time and congratulations on the mod man, it's simply amazing!

10. DrPvtSkittles

All G. Sometimes I forget to remind people they need one. haha :D <3

11. DrPvtSkittles

12. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles updated Taurikin Race with a new update entry:

Small fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Amberstrike78

Amberstrike78 Space Hobo

Can you come up with something lion-like? I really like the taurikin idea tho!

14. DrPvtSkittles

I can't say that floats my boat :p

15. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    I love this race??? It's so cute! Of course I had to make one~ I also like the ship and AI!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  16. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

@DrPvtSkittles Would you consider making the floating island and AI for the vanilla races please?

17. DrPvtSkittles

So cute!

Very few people actually like the floating ship island so it's nice to hear someone liking it.

Maaaybe. I'll put it on the list.

Sugar-Fable likes this.
  18. DrPvtSkittles

19. DrPvtSkittles

20. DrPvtSkittles