1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

teamplay is lacking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DarkInv, Jan 9, 2014.

1. DarkInv

DarkInv Space Hobo

hello

my friends and I are enjoying this game but playing together doesnt seem to have much benefits
    on the contrary i find myself competing against my friends over items which i dont enjoy doing

i would love to see the teamplay improved by making some items aura/team based (ie a dmg aura instead of a dmg buff for 1 person only)
    also an option to trade items would be nice
    some items are more useful on certain characters and it sucks if u pick one up by accident

ideally some trade window or a shop inbetween rounds would be a nice addition

Lecic and Dolphinflavored like this.
    • Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I admit, I almost stop playing in multiplayer because of that.
      The "share item" option is not bad but it is annoying to have to scream to other people to take
      item that you find...

• DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

If you have to compete with your friends over items they're not very good friends...

But I agree that it'd be nice to be able to drop items and give them to team-mates.

• Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

And we don't all play with friends :p
          http://riskofrain.cyber-dev.net:11100/

• Weylin

Weylin Void-Bound Voyager

I'm actually finding it better to play alone at this point...

In Multiplayer, one person ends up getting stuff first and carrying the team while everyone else invariably dies.
            I end up disconnecting and playing the same run 3 times as fast and with 3 times as many items to work with, and any failure to succeed is due to my mistake, and not item hogging allies.

Even when we DO coordinate our item pickups to go to who can use it the most, we still go along rather weakly since they're so spread out.

• DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

But you SHOULD!

• zero187

zero187 Space Hobo

THIS!!!!
                The game could be SO much more fun for coop play!!! PLEASE ADD THE OPTION FOR SHARING ITEM BUFFS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO SPLIT THEM UP!!! It makes no sense to punish us for playing coop. We should be able to progress further with more people!