1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Tech Control Swap 1.3

Dash with F not double tap.

1. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Pilchenstein submitted a new mod:

Tech Control Swap - Dash with F not double tap.

Read more about this mod...

2. reinartz42

reinartz42 Tentacle Wrangler

This is really great however there is a problem with blinkdash.

When you press F you always blink toward the cursor, this is really bad when you are kiting monsters. Does not happen with airdash.

3. Pilchenstein

4. reinartz42

reinartz42 Tentacle Wrangler

Just tried to download the updated copy, looks like it's still the old version, pilch_techswapR1_02 last edit date 7/25 2pm. I'll go ahead and rate you 5 stars though, this is a really great mod!

5. Pilchenstein

That's weird, I don't even have the 1.02 file on my PC anymore so I've no idea how that happened. I'll reupdate it, hold on.

6. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein updated Tech Control Swap with a new update entry:

Blink again!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    No, it's not working. Try the workshop version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=730255817
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok, the site seems to have finally accepted the file. :)

7. Biofreak192

Biofreak192 Void-Bound Voyager

for a reason i can't spring with this mod on

8. Pilchenstein

9. Herkan

Herkan Void-Bound Voyager

Curious if there's a way to change the .lua to remove the doubletapping? I want to remove the doubletapping and rebind the key for it for the Sphere techs to something like V, which isn't used by anything.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  10. Pilchenstein

As far as I'm aware, you can't add new keybinds and even if you could, techs can only read a handful of specific keys.

11. Herkan

Herkan Void-Bound Voyager

That's a shame.. Double tapping just makes it less convenient. At least dash is now one-tap and I use dash often :D

12. Biofreak192

i mean the sprint tech, the one that make you run fast

13. Pilchenstein

Sprint works fine for me. Are you getting any errors in the log file?

14. Biofreak192

no error, i delete the mod and i was able to run just fine

15. hairlessOrphan

hairlessOrphan Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like this mod doesn't work on new characters? Might have something to do with the controls during the tech tutorial missions. Anyway, even after you do the tutorial missions to unlock the first three techs, the controls don't switch. Uninstalled and reinstalled the mod, still no dice.

Worked great on my previous character, but I didn't install the mod until long after I'd unlocked the techs.

Nevermind. Figured it out. Conflicts with Freedom of Movement mod (forgot I'd subscribed to that)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734173371

EDIT: Oh, there's a stack trace:

[22:06:33.426] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/tech/doubletap.lua"]:25: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'tapTimer')
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__sub'
    [string "/tech/doubletap.lua"]:25: in method 'update'
    [string "/tech/dash/dash.lua"]:53: in function <[string "/tech/dash/dash.lua"]:36>
    [0] 1400c1ee3 Star::captureStack
    [1] 1400c0c6e Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 1400960a1 Star::LuaEngine::handleError

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  16. Pilchenstein

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Huh. Nice idea for a mod, though I don't know that I would use this a Lot, but...

Next time I go to make a new character, however, I will likely use this to get past that _annoying_ Dash Test Course. I hate that stupid thing, because half of the time it will NOT detect my double taps and I hate having to repeat the same segment over and over again (especially that middle segment where you gotta dash 3 times in a row or you WILL fail).

Something like this would make that test course a lot better.

18. Psieonic

Psieonic Void-Bound Voyager

I can't seem to get Sonic Sphere to work. Tried every combination of holding Dash and double tapping I can think of and can't for the life of me get it to charge.

19. Pilchenstein

You hold shift as you transform into the sphere to dash.

20. Psieonic

Psieonic Void-Bound Voyager

Figured out the issue, I had rebound 'Shift' / Walk-Run to Alt and was still trying to use Shift on transform. I was taking a look at the code though and tinkering. Found it easier / less obstructive to use Up arrow for transform rather than down, as it doesn't get in the way of crouching, and you use Up a lot less often during regular play. I also modified the charge key to use special1 / head tech / dash key. (Made more sense to me.) Furthermore, I also added the ability to start charging the sonic sphere dash at any time while in sonic sphere, (as long as you have energy) removing the need to hold shift specifically as you change, and removed the momentum-kill that occurs on transform and dash charge, so you can still roll using momentum while charging.

If you'd like the source to take a look let me know. :)