1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Tech - Stealth Tech (Decoy, wTw)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Apjjm, Dec 11, 2013.

1. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

If you seriously think storing this information in a notepad is an actual possibility, you have no clue what you're talking about. And 'possible but making even high end gaming computers lag like a horrible piece of shit' and 'possible' are 2 entirely different things. That's not even talking about the code itself that would have to be written for this, which would literally take days/weeks.

I'll stop talking offtopic now before I make someone angry.

The ghosting tech is still an awesome beginning for all the techs that are still to come. Looking forward to any other releases.

2. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thats what i said. Notepad would take all of you're cpu and get you a blue screen of death X3. And what about working in a team? like 10 person working at once. Shouldnt take too long.

3. Denninja

Denninja Phantasmal Quasar

Why maintain vertical momentum, when 6 other techs negate it?
    It's an unnecessary inconvenience, makes sense to simply have a different tech active for those situations.

4. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

Because if you're ghosting and walking through walls, you'd simply start falling through everything immediately.

Jecoconono likes this.
  5. Denninja

Denninja Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry, wasn't clear enough...
    That momentum, though I did specify it's what other techs negate.

6. Apjjm

Apjjm Space Spelunker

Big update to the mod:
    • Added new tech "Quantum decoy" based on SuperMandrew's idea. See first post for more info.
    • Added darkness altar for crafting techs
    • Rebalanced damage on the explosions
    • Rebalanced energy costs
    • Reworked the crafting of techs
    • Added some better effects to active shadowwalk tech + cleaned up the tech file a little.
    • refocused mod to add a set of stealth/assassin related techs rather than a single tech

SuperMandrew likes this.
  7. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

Freaking phenomenal job my friend. Excellently done, and well-executed. Can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

8. Apjjm

Apjjm Space Spelunker

Some minor fixes (17th Dec 2013):
    • Fixed issue where switching out shadow walk tech while active would not cause explosion.
    • Fixed issue where switching out decoy tech while active would not trigger any animations or effects
    • Altar SHOULD now be able to be crafted using the tech-research station or tablua rasa mods.
    You can grab the update from one of the links in the first post.

SuperMandrew likes this.
  9. Jessen

Jessen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i cannot get this mod to work, regardless of if I put an entry into player.config or not, when I tried to add in the table in through editing, it places, but there is no recipes with it.

10. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

Are you going to update this to be compatible for the latest version of starbound?

11. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Is there an update in the works?
    I hope this mod hasn't been abandoned... :(

12. Thiefe

Thiefe Void-Bound Voyager

I was so happy when I found this mod man, why is it not up to date? Please update this mod!

13. Apjjm

Apjjm Space Spelunker

I've fixed up the config files so that it should now work with the latest version. Updating techs has been on the back-burner for me at the moment as i am currently swamped in uni work - and i honestly thought interest had been lost in this tech, sorry i guess :(

14. Thiefe

It's alright mate! Loving this tech

15. Josyrox

Josyrox Void-Bound Voyager

Someone can help me how install it?
    I DONT SEE THE PLAYER.CONFIG

16. Remmy101

Remmy101 Big Damn Hero

Awesome looking animation! I've just got one request, could you make a version where you can move vertically also?

Or if you could be so kind, could you tell me what I have to modify in the lua script to achieve what I desire? Your script is too complicated for a guy like me.

What I want to achieve is combine your beautifully made mod and this functional(godly) but ugly mod together.

Twilight-Tech
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/twilight-tech.1721/

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  17. face21

face21 Void-Bound Voyager

update plz

18. Thiefe

yeah please!