Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. geometricnut

geometricnut Subatomic Cosmonaut

get some vitamin D! :)

DrChemistry likes this.
  2. geometricnut

And i think more starbound could possibly help. On a more serious note im sorry you lost your friend :(.

3. DrChemistry

DrChemistry Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's fine, thank you for caring though! Sometimes things happen in life that you just can't control yah know? I'll get over it

Your state of mind on this is very very wrong. I draw and paint too but I do it because it's something I enjoy and it makes me feel alive when i pour my heart and soul into it. I don't care how others feel about it, you need to STOP looking to others for appreciation and a sense of worth. The only persons opinion that matters is YOURS I'm not saying you should consider everyone elses opinion as false because that's not true. People will always give you constructive criticism to better your art and it's one of the things that you need to learn to take.

Your Spiriting skills are good for a beginner and if you want i can refer you to a Spriting forum that has many talented Pixel Artists that can help you grow and learn some new tricks.

The Lord Of Boxes likes this.
  4. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

I'm more frustrated about being ignored then about my art! I just see everyone being chummy, and nobody cares enough to invite me.

5. DrChemistry

Get better, to a point where people start to notice. Do you think you deserve praise and attention? You have to earn it.

HAL9000unit likes this.
  6. Pretty much this, I've started practicing drawing recently and damn it's hard...

Anyway does anyone else have any kind of sleep problems? My sleep schedule is practically non-egsistant... I stay to 6am almost every day, sometimes I do not sleep at all, sometimes I sleep in the middle of the day like I did today.
    I feel like today is going to be yet another one of those sleepless nights since I have so much work to do, ehh better get some coffee and start doing stuff! :wut:

DrChemistry likes this.
  7. HAL9000unit

HAL9000unit Astral Cartographer

Don't stop drawing. Keep drawing and posting your art until people genuinely like your art. And don't feel upset that no one liked your art yet, you should draw for yourself, not to get likes. You'll get there eventually.

8. beebot83

beebot83 Big Damn Hero

I'm not doing this so I can get attention, I love making art. I just don't like what my results are. Also, I don't think I deserve praise and attention, I'm the least special person in the world. I just want to be accepted and loved as much as the other artists on this forum are.

DrChemistry likes this.
  9. DrChemistry

See BeeBot you're contradicting yourself here. You say you don't want attention but you want to be accepted and loved. Those two go hand in hand.

10. DrChemistry

You clearly have a sleeping problem, have you talked to your doctor about it? Or maybe you just have a really bad mattress.

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  11. Yeah I know there's something wrong but I can't help it, sometimes I do have/want to stay up late because of some people, school work or anything else.
    I'm going to start going to sleep at 11PM/midnight from now on, starting today. I need a normal sleep schedule so bad :3

12. DrChemistry

Well I hope you actually get it :) Sleep is important

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  13. Flevalt

Flevalt Pangalactic Porcupine

You must be quite happy in your life to feel aspired enough to give motivational support in an entire to-be-sites-long thread
    Nice going!

HAL9000unit likes this.
  14. DrChemistry

Me? Pfft hahahah that's funny!

I just care about you guys a lot and many of us visit these forums so i thought why not have a thread where we can just let our emotions out and help one another

Ruin and HAL9000unit like this.
  15. HAL9000unit

HAL9000unit Astral Cartographer

Something else that helps you get to sleep is making sure that you are not looking at any bright lights for an hour before bed. (i.e. no bright lighting, and no staring at glowing rectangles of ANY kind)

16. TroII

TroII Title Not Found

I have a really hard time letting people in, heck, I have tried to write down more details about my situation here. Something keeps stopping me and when I tried to make it sort of a story instead, I just well up and am unable to continue.. at all.. I am currently on both meds and regular meetings with a therapist. Feel like I have fallen down a mountain and into a endless swamp of rotting darkness. It currently is at its worse, about a month ago I attempted to starve the flame, but was rescued in time and was in for around a week before they let me go home again.
    God I hate so much of this, I know its bad but I just can't help thinking about how sad and lonely I really am, and how I constantly shut people out, regardless of how much they want to help me.
    I really wish I could let people in and try to let them help me getting better, feeling others out there might truly care might help. Sadly I seem unable to even try.

I won't go on more than this or it will get very grim. But it is a slight relief to just say something about it.
    Thank you for reading my post, that is more time invested about me than any of my family member ever have.
    I am not sure it matter, but if it gives some context, I am currently 23 living alone in a small apartment, barely affording food each week and have not been able to get a job for 3 years straight.

Ugh- I will just post it like this, before I remove it and leave it undone.

beebot83 likes this.
  17. geometricnut

that just makes me so *sniff* happy :DD

DrChemistry likes this.
  18. Orsabell

Orsabell Pangalactic Porcupine

I remember doing this in a forum a long time ago... It must feel good being able to help those who want to be helped! :) keep up the good work!

DrChemistry likes this.
  19. DrChemistry

When people have trouble letting others in it's a sign that their trust was broken a long time ago and it hasn't been able to recover. Why do you think you put this wall up? Was there some kind of traumatic experience that made you do this?

You spend too much of your time inside. One of the reasons you have trouble letting anyone is is that you DON'T have anyone to let in. You need to go out some time you know. Go to local Coffee shops or a Bar once in a while. Do your best to find a job because talking to your employees may be a great step to recovery for you. Learning how to communicate with others.

Also don't delete your post, that's exactly the kind of thing you don't want to do. You clearly want help and that's very good and we're here to help you but it's going to be tough if you fight yourself.

20. Mr.Darkling

Mr.Darkling Orbital Explorer

It's just general stress for me right now.
    After many months of looking for a job I finally have landed an interview and now I have to battle the next few days in wait for it, where I will most likely fret over it and over-think it all.
    They say the first step to fixing a problem is acknowledging it...least I've got that part down.