Boss Teravoid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Someone100800, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Someone100800

Someone100800 Subatomic Cosmonaut

On a humongous star billions of light years from earth, a strange phenomenon occurs. Keep in mind this star is unlike any other stars know to civilization. This star is a living star, called Hothena. On this star a child is born. This is no normal child. This child is a star child made of nothing but heat, gas, and energy. Hothena calls him Teravoid.
    Teravoid lives on Hothena, His mother, and is nourished by her power. Years later an unknown creature attacked Hothena. She became weak and died. Teravoid driven mad by watching his mothers light go out he swore he would wipe out the universe and anything that that came between him and his goal.

Teravoid is a gigantic man overcome with rage and driven mad by watching his mothers light go out.
    Terrivoid is and entity that glows red orange and yellow, and emits a heat that would kill a human being. ( emitting heat is a power.)
    Terrivoids powers consist of
    emitting heat (has a bubble around him made of heat to where if you have contact with the bubble you get hurt)
    energy eye beams (shoots lasers out of eyes)
    energy shock wave( when near death uses a shockwave of energy, and makes your screen too bright to see for 5 seconds.)
    And giga beam(calls down laser from space if get to far).

How to summon:
    To summon Teravoid you must find 4 Hothena fragments. When you do this you need to be far from your house. Because he will destroy it. When you put all fragments together you get a large Hothena fragment. When you use the large fragment it will say Teravoid has awoken.

When Teravoid walks past plants/trees they will catch on fire. also a good reason why you shouldn't summon him near your wood house. When Teravoid dies he screams out in pain " I failed mother! I failed!". Teravoid when dead drops an item only Teravoid can drop. Teravoids head. Once you kill Teravoid his body parts scatter all over. you can collect them as decorations or you can build Teravoid to fight again and again

Also if you don't use the large Hothena fragment, you can make 8 of them and put them all together to make Hothena herself. When you use Hothena she says "Where is Teravoid my son" then Teravoid will appear and thank you for reconstructing his mother then he will become a NPC that you can recruit to protect your home planet.

Please put input! I see all these views but the same amount of replies!
    An if you a guest please get an account and reply.

McBAMF likes this.
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

This is the exact same thing as the last Teravoid thread. You can edit them you know!

Jonesy, Percival and Autzome like this.
  4. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

never liked instant death attacks. they feel gimmicky and over all give the feeling of no control./

Jonesy and WoxandWarf like this.
  5. JennShii

I'm already having trouble with Darksouls

Servilus, Jonesy and Autzome like this.
  6. Autzome

the giant tree thing is the worse. there is literally only one way to effectively beat it, never once did i like that boss.

7. JennShii

I havn't gone that far yet so I'll be mad soon.

But back to the Boss idea. It would probably be better if it did a lot of damage rather than an instant kill. That way you would stand a chance if you had better armor. Lets say you have 100 HP. The instant kills could do like 200 damage instead of 100%. At first it will always kill you but as armor reduces damage (i have no idea how that works) it could be brought down to 50. It wont kill you in one hit but it will definitely hurt a lot. the 50 and 30 damage attacks without armor still do some serious damage. 2-hit kill for the first and 4-hit kill for the second. combine them and its 3 hits. Eventually they will do more like 10 and 6 or something. That's still like 10 -17 hits to die so it's still dangerous.

Then there's the boss patterns. If it's completely random then generally you're going to have a bad time fighting the boss but if the pattern is too simple then you can easily dodge every attack. Perhaps if you're too far away he does a really powerful attack (maybe the space beam thingy) so you don't want to go too far away from him but if you get too close maybe there's another powerful attack. (or simply the risk of contact)

Then there's simplicity. A boss that does nothing but attack you is ok but boring. Maybe he could do some status effects to keep you on edge, like a blinding attack that impairs your vision? (but nothing too crazy or frequent enough to cause any harm to the player) The shockwave could do even less damage but disorient you so he can follow up with a more powerful but easier to dodge attack? Another part of simplicity is how many different things an enemy can do. The normal mobs are okay with 1 or 2 attacks/abilities because they're just generic monsters. Bosses are much different. The UFO penguin boss had only a few attacks like summon soldier penguin, tank penguin, a different soldier penguin and a stomp attack. I can't remember if there was a laser beam too or something. Regardless that's like 5 things right there and he's the first boss.

Your boss sounds to me like a much tougher adversary than that. He may even be an end game boss. In that case you may want to spruce it up a bit without going bonkers on the complexity. Maybe he can summon minions like the UFO boss except more in his style. They could simply float around shooting you and/or swoop down for an attack? Just something easy to kill to try and distract you. You could go all out in this part.

I recommend that when you make a suggestion don't stick with the bare minimum. The more ideas and info on those ideas you can provide will give a larger audience more interest. Currently your idea attracts the attention of:
    1.) People who like really tough bosses.
    2.) People who think your idea is lacking.
    If you keep your suggestion organized even a ridiculous amount of in ideas and information will be examined and perhaps even spark interest. Don't stop trying, but try harder and put out as much as you can! As sexual as that sounds, it's definitely a must when pitching an idea. :up:

Jonesy, Percival and Someone100800 like this.
  8. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Rather than re-posting your idea once a week, you should focus one one thread for one suggestion and update it if you have more to add. I have closed your other thread about this suggestion.

9. Someone100800

Th
    thanks for the idea!

Reply to this post if you want to help me with art.

I'm thinking of having a super tall man who is red/orange/yellow at the same time (like revolving colors of red orange and yellow).
    And he doesn't have any clothes eyes hair or anything he is completely colored.

Also sorry about the reposting and reposting about starman/teravoid :(
    I didn't know you could edit!

I also had an idea of randomly finding a rare that could summon him. I'm going to edit it right now. And I'm going to leave damage up to the creators.

10. JennShii

Now he sounds like a real mamas boy

11. Someone100800

Yeah I was going to post some amazing art but it ripped!

12. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

The only way I like instant kill attacks is if they make it easy to dodge, you would practically have to run into it. You may be thinking why add it at all then? Well because if your fighting something massive and it steps on you, you wouldn't survive so it makes sense but once again is easy to dodge.

Autzome and NFossil like this.
  13. Someone100800

As
    Aside from istant kills what did you think of my idea?

14. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Very cool, of course like all things need tweaking. I'll be more specific later but I'm doing something :).

Someone100800 likes this.
  15. Autzome

so..i don't know what to think of the "fire" thing...fire doesn't work, in my opinion, for 2d games. but i guess if we could get some odd shaped npc's it would be cool.

16. Someone100800

Thanks for the imput!

17. Someone100800

I agree with fire so maybe instead of fire they disappear into smoke. What do you think

18. Someone100800

I had som pretty good art going but it ripped while erasing

19. Someone100800

I will change that.

Done!

20. Someone100800

Thanks