1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

The Alley: An Original Works and Fandom Art-Log

Discussion in 'Art' started by Alkanthe, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch7411325.png
    - Incendaire, from the Yaomou universe -
    He's an avid Yaomo hunter. Based off of Pokémon GO.​

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch74203132.png
    - Based off of She is Coming, a male Black Tea Dragon -
    Incendaire's chosen Yaomo. Fire type, of course.​

3. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

*misses like 4 pages* oops

ZAYABUCKET, Alkanthe and CjBeats like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well heck. I probably have so many drawings I haven't posted here. But for now, have an Empathy from Cleft of Dimensions. Palette #5.
    Sketch181222053.png

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

6. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

All of them. Not all have been made, though. Just Alkane, Empathy, and the Koopa, whose name is Saye.

DustyScabbard likes this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Been playing around with pixel doodles lately. A few Murrin (an animal-like race basically similar to peaceful Florans in culture and style), and an angel of judgment from Sinisterra.
    Rusty.png Murrin.png Virnyx.png

rhomboid, Zebe, 611 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It's somebody's birthday... so I drew a couple of their characters for them!
    Screenshot_20161104-033506.png Screenshot_20161104-043343.png

And one of mine.
    Screenshot_20161104-054142.png

rhomboid, 611 and Zebe like this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

AniNesker_.png
    I just remembered one of my old tricks from Varc's Little Doodlings - transparency! So here's a drawing of a new Sinisterra character - Ani/Nesker.

Rex Blackbeak, Arra, rhomboid and 2 others like this.
  11. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I like it!

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Merry Christmas everybody! Here, have some of the Sinisterra characters in holiday wear!
    Sketch25012754.png Sketch25091339.png

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Here, have some more Sinisterra!
    Viridan.png
    Viridan.

Lucia.png
    Lucia Flow, belonging to @Zebe .

Helfre.png
    Helfre, also belonging to Zebey.

Sai2.png
    Sai in a non-default outfit.

Rascyoung.png
    Young Rascathe.

Lillan.png
    A reimagining of Lillan, with moth antennae.

Naara.png
    A character I made up on the fly and never used except for one AU. Naara was her name.

Faevran.png
    Human version of Faevran.

Kitroff.png
    Kitroff.

Tamand_young.png
    Young Tamand.

Now that I've gotten your attention with these pretty pictures, can I ask who wants to help me create a new universe and populate it with characters? The place is called Overra, and all the information you need about it is right here. A lot of the development I've done on it so far is related to the game of SBURB, from Homestuck, but honestly that's just a small part of the world, and knowledge of the game is not required. Just a heads up that if you don't understand a reference made, it's probably from there, and you don't need to understand it.

14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

*Arra vibrates intensely, humming*
    You can't fight the Homestuck.

611 likes this.
  15. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

That's a lot of characters ya got there! I love the variations on each one!

Alkanthe and 611 like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch72233956.png
    Cobe Akkona, a hitman from Overra.

Sketch9405612.png
    Rasya Akhonov, a second-class superhuman from Sinisterra.

Sketch10504824.png
    Skitch, an isolated-until-now orphan from Sinisterra.

Sketch11610219.png
    Trisk, a now-dead seductress and black widow from Sinisterra.

611, Zebe, Apathy Applied and 2 others like this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*tap tap*

Is this thing on?

Oh, hey! Didn't see ya there. Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything here!

A lot has happened! Biggest thing: discovered I (we) are plural! I'm certainly open to questions and such regarding plurality, as it's a subject there's a lot of misinformation about and variance to, but if you are rude about it or you're going to tell me my experiences aren't real or I'm wrong or whatever, then this simply is not the place for you. I'd recommend blocking and moving on.

Okay! Yes hello. I'm Alkanthe, or Alley for short, though you can also call me Vir. My pronouns are they/them, and I'm in my mid 20s now. That's the basics, at least.

I've scraped together a few art summaries from the years I was away, since I know that's what y'all are here for, anyway.

I might go into more detail later, if there's any interest.

Anyways...

Let's see if I remember how to make a spoiler.

c3acfeb0-e471-4e69-ab9b-f27958cd4b4b.png

af8f3f58-a3bf-4747-a80e-fc5d664aaf57.png

d3293e05-e36d-4086-9721-4146db3e3671.png

77ef488b-9a97-4c94-9bae-b49ed10210e0.png

Edit: Lol almost forgot to sign off - ♦️ (Sucrose)

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  18. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Hey, I haven't seen you in a while!
    Dunno if you're still on the forums since all the stuff you posted seems to be from last month, so I don't know if you're still checking in, but if you are, then hey, It's nice to see you're still drawing art! Though I don't know if you uploaded the images to an image hosting site or something, but they're not showing up anymore, they only seem to show up when you click reply to the message with the images in it, so don't know what that's about :catbleh:
    Anyways, sounds like you've discovered stuff about yourself since we last talked, (I know I found out stuff about my own identity, as did other people from our former friend group) and I wouldn't mind hearing more about Plurality
    And you seem to be doing well, which is good!

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yeah I think something just broke there. o_O No idea what lol.

Anyway, plurality as a concept is pretty simple, but there's a wide range of presentations and permutations. The basic definition is "more than one (in one body)". I personally use my OCs as kind of an analogy/metaphor for my plurality if that makes sense? Like, I use them as shorthand references/ways to understand myself/ourselves better. It isn't 1:1 most of the time, but I find that they are useful for understanding both ourselves and each other, as well as giving ourselves easy "identities" we can associate ourselves with/look up to/use as cautionary tales lol.

Oh yeah, also here's a self portrait of me (Candy)! (Let me try uploading this time haha)

d840ad82-863e-4490-aee1-d8fd6f4b48623.png

Also feel free to DM me for my Discord or w/e if you wanna communicate more reliably. I've been checking this place periodically but haven't seen much activity haha.

Edit: Fixed my other post too.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    Firepaw Da Cat likes this.
  20. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Seems like they're all working now :catsmile:
    Oh, okay, that's interesting to know! Guess you're still getting to know all of yourself? :catsmile:
    And I would DM you, but your profile is completely private so the option to open a DM doesn't appear, but you should be able to open a dm to me? Because talking on Discord would be a lot easier, and not take weeks between responses :catbleh:

Alkanthe likes this.