1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

The Alley: An Original Works and Fandom Art-Log

Discussion in 'Art' started by Alkanthe, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Dink -
    A young caterpillar girl working in maintenance in the Insectarian Naval Corps, which is sorely lacking in members since the recent devastation wreaked by the Frogmen. She's small and surprisingly flexible, as if she were made up of many segments. She can also work in darkness - which she needs to do at times - just as well as in light, thanks to her ability to navigate basically by touch. Might she become a butterfly someday?​

rhomboid, Peppersnap, Arra and 3 others like this.
  2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

She looks so cute [​IMG]

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Outfit redesign of May from Pokémon R/S/E/ORAS -

[​IMG]
    - Me in Brendan's outfit from Pokémon ORAS -

[​IMG]
    - Based off of A Hunger Games, a male Ridgewing Dragon -
    Basically a Wind ninja.

[​IMG]
    - Based off of Struggling Through, a female Albino Dragon -
    A mutant Dark type who has to work hard to prove that it's still useful. It has wings, but they don't work and are only in the way, preventing it from wearing shirts. It deals with that well, enjoying wearing scarves, and wearing bracers on its arms and legs.​

rhomboid, Peppersnap, Arra and 4 others like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Redesign of Ezra -
    I've finally found a setting for the universe of the Yaomou. It's in a little place known as Taishui, which I'll have to show you guys later. Basically, think fancy futuristic Taiwan. Due to that setting, however, Ezra (name subject to change) needed to become a slightly different character. So, here he is now.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral. Rules are made to be broken for the good of... technological advancement!

[​IMG]
    - Redesign of Zera -
    Ezra's kid, Zera, also needed a slight redesign. Since, you know, their dad is their dad. I decided to keep the blonde hair on Zera, though... sort of. It lends interest to their otherwise rather generic outfit.
    Alignment: Neutral Good. Rules are good to follow, except when they're a danger to us all.

Kamellia is now a dark-skinned Chinese (possibly from the southern, more tropical regions of Taishui, or maybe part some other race) who loves to dress up fancy but can't afford really good stuff, hence the tatters in their clothing. They live in a tiny apartment in the city and spend free time just making everything because they love to and might save some money that way. It takes longer but they enjoy it.
    Somehow, Kamellia got their hands on the then-cutting-edge tech required to capture Yaomou. Maybe they were one of the ones who helped develop the tech due to their love of putting things together. Maybe they were able to get it and take it for a test run because of that. However they got it, they were able to capture a Yaomo named Forre, who is now the Yaomo they use to fight against other Yaomou in the battle circuit. However, Forre doesn't usually win so they don't do it too much.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral. Following rules before saving the world.

Nova came to Taishui from an African nation to attend college, but ended up staying to fight Yaomou. She earns money by participating in arena battles against Yaomou, and serves Taishui by using the techniques she's learned to fight any unexpected Yaomo attack on the streets. You might even call her a vigilante. However, her sponsor would rather she only fought in the arena, which leads to many an argument between her and them.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good. Defending the world by any means necessary.​

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

How could I have missed this.

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*shrugs*

7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Geez. Alkane, you need more medals.

8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I haven't really earned any.

Arra likes this.
  9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Oh pwish. Yes you have.

Peppersnap likes this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I decided to draw Kamellia and Nova in different outfits to try and gauge their styles. Nova looks comfy. Kamellia seems doubtful, just like I do. They don't know how to feel about wearing such pretty clothing, most likely.
    [​IMG]

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    - Alkane -
    Please excuse my self-indulgence, but I had to do two versions of this. Because, after all, Alkane may need to get messy but they still care about their appearance. What? Of course they're a Virgo!
    Anyways, this is the result of what I've been doing all day: playing my new favorite game, Cleft of Dimensions, which you should all totally check out, seriously. Alkane was the character I decided to put to the test in that game, and I am very satisfied with the results of my experiment. (They need to cut down on the violence, though. That's getting way out of hand.)​

rhomboid, Arra, Peppersnap and 4 others like this.
  12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'm not planning to draw this. Nope. I really won't. [​IMG]

I forgot to say that I really admire your style and effort you put to describe each character that you draw.

Peppersnap and Alkanthe like this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'm not excited at all.

Thank you! I really like doing that. In fact, I almost have to. :rofl:

Crossfang likes this.
  14. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

I'm not sure what would happen if the Cleft suddenly received an influx of visitors. They've been a pretty small community over the past several years. But I wouldn't mind more familiar faces there.

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Mira Gennette -
    The daughter of - oh, you ought to be able to find it here. Page 1, most likely. I don't have to spell everything out for you. :p

rhomboid, Arra, Peppersnap and 4 others like this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Please make me stop drawing Alkane. :rofl: Seriously though, I need to work on my requests!

[​IMG]
    THIS ISN'T WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID REQUESTS. But it was a request anyways. *shrug* An unnamed Esper who's totally not Nepeta.​

rhomboid, Arra, Peppersnap and 3 others like this.
  17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Little paper doll dress -​

rhomboid, Arra, Peppersnap and 2 others like this.
  18. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

That's a cute paper dress [​IMG]

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    - Hope Caster -
    The other child. Already a year old, and probably going out exploring already, with Melissa always watching in case of trouble. Constantly optimistic. Never gives up, even in the face of impossible odds, and may have to be restrained to keep her from going out there and trying. Generic protagonist material, heh... good thing she's not going to be the protagonist.​

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sketch7201930.png
    A bunch of silly Yaomo doodles, featuring Terrea, Merrigo, Waterhorse, Grigori, Celia and Abigail, and Cian. Thanks to @MagicallyClueless for sharing the kissy reference I used for Merri and water lady!​

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016