The Alleyway Adoption Agency

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by Alkanthe, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Welcome to the Alleyway Adoption Agency!" The masked man at the counter bows with a flourish. "You can call me Mr. Onteras. I'll be your guide.
    "But first things first. This adoption agency, dealing as it does with children, has some important rules you must pay attention to when applying for an adoption.
    "Rule number one: if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me!"
    His mask grins in a somewhat unsettling way, though it was probably meant to be friendly.
    "Rule number two: if you find a loophole, I will follow you and I will close it up. Yes, that's right, even after you've adopted I'll send someone around to make sure you're doing your job. But that shouldn't be that much of an issue because of...
    "Rule number three: anyone who wishes to adopt must fill out an application! Which will go something like..."
    He pauses to grab a datapad and scribble furiously on it for a few moments. "Like this!"

Applicant's Full Name: (Your username, I guess. Or whatever you'd like to be called in this place, if you feel like returning.)
    Contact Information: (If you frequent other places for character-related stuff, where are they? If you only go on the forums, you can leave this blank.)
    Name of Prospective Child: (The name of the character you want to adopt.)
    Reason for Adoption: (Where do you plan to use this character? Will you enter them in an RP, or connect them with another of your own characters? This helps ensure adopted characters will not be left to collect dust.)
    Applicant's History: (What are some things you've done with original characters in the past? Story links, ingame screenshots, basically whatever are welcome here.)
    Applicant's Signature: (Same as Applicant's Full Name.)

"Like that!" He grins proudly, showing you the datapad. "Oh, and I almost forgot: please don't lie, or I will know and I will find you. Seriously. It's not that hard to figure out. Oh but for the future plans, we all know plans change. Don't feel too pressured to follow them exactly, just as long as you take good care of the kid."

Cassandra (click the colored names to go to their reference page with drawings of them!)

Sam and Pol Sulfide

Giovanni "Gio" Nerra

Ironthorn

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Race: Glitch
    Origin: Glitch raised in Floran colony
    Job:
    Detail: Grey
    Lights: Red
    Clothing:

Sootshear
    [​IMG]
    Race: Novakid/Glitch hybrid
    Origin:
    Job: Blacksmith
    Brand: Glitch metal coverings
    Main outfit: Brown blacksmith outfit

Silkfin Lydara
    Character Profile
    Backstory
    [​IMG]

(I'd prefer it if you didn't separate these four. They've been together for a while. But you can, I guess, if you really wanted to...)

Wolff
    [​IMG]
    Race: Apex
    Origin:
    Job:
    Weaponry:

"Duck"
    [​IMG]
    Race: Avian
    Origin:
    Job: Smooth talker/advisor
    Main outfit: Orange Human work shirt and black work pants
    Weaponry:

Cat Laurin
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Race: Human
    Origin:
    Job: Gunner
    Main outfit: Brown T-shirt, tan pants, belt, and grey boots
    Weaponry: A pretty darn big hammer

Leone
    [​IMG]
    Race: Floran
    Origin:
    Job:
    Weaponry:

Rachel Nelson

Glitch guy

Mr. Carrada

(Please don't separate these two! They're very close friends.)
    Violet
    [​IMG]
    Race: Novakid
    Origin:
    Job:
    Plasma: Purple
    Brand: "Window" shape
    Main outfit: Green t-shirt and blue overalls

Hexie
    [​IMG]
    Race: Novakid
    Origin:
    Job: Housewife
    Brand: Parallelogram
    Main outfit: Dress with checkered apron and short boots

Akukho and Enzeni

Echo "Alexa"

(Okay, so... Ansis doesn't have to be with the others. But the other two get very unhappy if they're not together.)

Pip Boltwrench
    [​IMG]
    Origin: Cam's daughter
    Job: Wizard-in-training
    Paint: Gold
    Detail: Brown, wide upturned pipe at back
    Lights: Blue, standard round
    Clothing: Dark red noble shirt and skirt, red cloak

Ansis Juncter
    [​IMG]
    Origin: Courier between outcast Glitch settlements
    Job: Courier
    Paint: Light pinkish red
    Detail: Brown, square helm with upturns at the chin
    Lights: Green, standard square
    Clothing: Brown, patched jacket and craftsman pants

Lady Cam Boltwrench

Origin:
    Job:
    Detail: Brown, wide upturned pipe at back
    Lights: White, standard round
    Main outfit: Blue noble shirt and pants
    Relatives: Daughter Pip

Kahri Antares
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Origin:
    Job:
    Hair: Dark brown, dreadlocked and about shoulder length
    Eyes: Dark blue
    Main outfit: Green bandana and sweat shirt, tan rolled-up pants, brown hiking boots, and red gloves
    Weapon: Compound bow

Lazy Koisumi

Race: Hylotl
    Origin:
    Job:
    Appearance: Two long, droopy fins tied back in a ponytail
    Main outfit: Sleeveless, loose top with bandages underneath, cloth belt, and traditional grey pants
    Weaponry: Whatever's on hand, especially stave-like objects such as lengths of pipe

Geara and Pinslip Sawtooth
    (Please don't separate these two, they're twins!)
    Character Profile

Orben Polaris
    [​IMG]
    Backstory: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s447...80d505df754f/564d8c6500abcf5e7e7fbf12d84e5ed5
    Origin: Recruit for space project
    Job: Survivalist
    Skin: Fair
    Hair: Purple, styled
    Eyes: Blue
    Clothing: Purple sweatshirt and sweat pants

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

A man with a mask and dark, concealing coat enters the AAA.

"Why hello, what is this here? I am kidding, of course; I know exactly where I am. And I know exactly why I am here."

Applicant's Full Name:
    "How quaint! Do you expect to deprive me of this information? Refer to me simply as Mister... E. Ho-hoh..."
    Contact Information: "Hm... I shall provide you with a number, for if you wish to reach me. Luckily for you, I stay on normal bandwidths." (Stayin' on the forums)
    Name of Prospective Child: "Shootshear. The hybrid, yes."
    Reason for Adoption: "Why?... No reason, no reason at all, certainly nothing more than the wish to save some helpless orphans from the cruel life they have been forced upon, being cursed, as they are, as between races, never to be accepted as a member of their own society, even to be grotesque in the eyes of the most accepting individuals in this galaxy. Not that I know of such things."
    Applicant's History: "Ho-hoh... Well, I have some relation to particular doctors, specifically one which vanished mysteriously. I also have a connection to hybrids not felt by many others, which is not in any way related to anything else I have said thus far, my dear fellow! Ho-Hoh!"
    Applicant's Signature: "Mister E"

"Now then, as soon as the children might be delivered, I shall have to ask that you turn around for a moment. Just a moment, no need to worry. Though if you feel a slight prickling or stabbing sensation in the back of your neck, there's no cause for alarm; I'm certain that it would all turn out to be a dream, and you would wake up in the morning to find that the adoptions had merely taken place on someone else's shift. If, hypothetically, you were to feel a prickling or stabbing sensation in the back of your neck. Ho-hoh."

Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  3. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

*Cough* Still think it should have been called "Shifty Thrifty"

Relten and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

One could probably notice the uncertainty on Mr. Onteras' own mask for a brief second, before he resumes smiling. "Understood, Mister E. I can't say that I'll be able to process the adoption right away, but I'll think about it and get back to you with an answer. If the answer is yes, of course there'll be a trial period where I or someone else will keep tabs on the both of you. This isn't for the child's safety only... or for yours only, but to make sure both sides are satisfied with the arrangement. Does that sound acceptable to you?"

Apathy Applied likes this.
  5. Vurrunna

The unblinking eyes of the man's mask stare back at Ontera. "Very well. I shall prepare myself for your response." He promptly turns, heading out the door, before pausing and looking back at Ontera. "One last thing! The thing with the neck was of course humor, my dear friend. I do appreciate myself a good joke; ho-hoh!"

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Of... course." Onteras very much doubts that it WAS humor, considering the strange visitor's appearance.. But he'll let it slide. Just the same, he jots a quick note to himself - DON'T turn your back on Mister E.​

7. Vurrunna

Startlingly enough, it seems that the next page of the note-book has some writing on it: "Excellent decision! There are few people you can trust in this galaxy, and a suspicious man that hides his features and writes notes/draws pictures all day should be last on the list. Oh, my, you do the same, don't you? Ho-hoh! I suppose we can trust one another, then."

"--Mister E."

How very peculiar.

8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"I do not hide my features." He scribbles angrily, then thinks better of adding any more. It's probably best that Mister E doesn't know too much about him. He erases the sentence he wrote, too... and takes up the application sheet to study it.​

9. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Applicant's Full Name: Faso Gilfee, you can call me Faso though(Anagram for Sage of Life).
    Contact Information: I'm not sure how to respond to this, I'm thinking of making a character dump but like, effort bruh.
    Name of Prospective Child: Gabriela and Akkal(if not both then just Gabriela)
    Reason for Adoption: I have use for characters in a project of mine called The Unequal Egalitarians, although I'll probably change the name cause it's long and cheesy.
    Applicant's History: Well as you know I'm very fond of bringing even unimportant characters to life, I believe all characters in the fictional worlds we create are really existing on some plane and this one of the reasons why I'm driven towards creativity so often, I like making stories because to me it's literally creating a world of your own, it's playing god but in the best ways possible, it's enjoyable to see these characters develop in your mind as you keep writing. Fictional art is such a wonderful thing.
    Applicant's Signature: Faso Gilfee

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Onteras scans the new application. He grins in boyish excitement, already knowing what his answer will be. "Mr. Faso Gilfee, it's a deal! Yes, you can take them both. I'm already aware of your work, and I'll be keeping an eye on it."

Then he remembers the other application. @Vurrunna "Well... I can't refuse E, either. Not... yet. I'll contact him to arrange for Sootshear's transfer."

CondescendedWow likes this.
  11. CondescendedWow

YES I GOT THEM.
    *Ahem*
    I mean, hooray go team!

12. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"I will be keeping an eye on you."

Sir Wilfrey and CondescendedWow like this.
  13. CondescendedWow

I sure hope so, I'm gonna put ALL of the characters to good use and my mind WILL explode.

Sir Wilfrey and Alkanthe like this.