Modding Discussion [The Bookstore] Articles Submissions

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by GonDragon, Sep 3, 2017.

1. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a thread about the mod "The Bookstore". Check it out.

The new "paper boy" added to the outpost, sells newspapers and articles that change every day. Sadly, there are not much "news" in the vainilla starbound, only one article per race.

As english is not my native language, I didn't wanted to write articles by myself, for the fear of make some gruesome mistakes.

So, I had an idea. Why don't let people submit his own notice about the starbound universe?

So, in this post, you can send your notice and I will add it to the game. You just have to follow the next rules.
    • Keep it family friendly. No gore or +18 content.
    • No custom races. I can tolerate some hint about what could be a custom race, but naming it it's prohibited.
    • Non end-game content. The article can't talk about things that happend after you defeat the final boss.
    • Be creative. The article could be about anything: A science discovery, news about the space menace that destroy the earth, a strange creature known as cat that was found on a Hylotl village, etc. Don't cut yourself, just don't copy the work of others.

Finally, this is the template of a submission. Try to use it:

Code:
    {
      "title" : "Title of the article",
      "species" : "specie that publish the article. Could be "other" ",
      "description" : "Short description about the content of the article.",
      "contentPages" : [
        "page 1 of the article",
        "page 2 of the article",
        "page n of the article"
      ]
    }
    If you don't understand the template, just post the Title, a short description about it, which specie write the article and post every page of your article in his own paragraph.

I will credit every author that sends his own article here, and in the Steam Workshop.

2. kingrec

kingrec Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok so this is my idea:

"NEWS:
    human scouts found a strange spider mech hybrid creature on the dephts of an old penguin lab,

it didnt seem to be alive,

scientists are confused whit the discovery

stay active for more news."

so.....

did you liked it ?

3. GonDragon

Yes, it's ok =P just post the Title, a short description about it and which specie write the article.

Probably I will push an update when I got something like... five articles? Probably I should write some of them by myself, to show as an exapmle...

4. kingrec

title : an abnormal discovery

description : a strange discovery that one scout writed in his notebook

which specie :human

5. kingrec

want me to make more?

6. GonDragon

Soon I will made a small update, adding 3 newspaper articles from the "Starbound Chronicles". I will left one of them here, as an example of an article.

Code:
    {
      "species" : "other",
      "title" : "The origin of BigCoin",
      "description" : "An article from The Starbound Chronicle",
      "contentPages" : [
        "The BigCoin is a type of currency described by the MiniKnog as an \"obscurocurrency\" - that is, a currency which \"exists\" but doesn't have a physical incarnation or, for that matter, any sort of tangible way to transfer it. Each Apex is given a weekly allowance of fifty BigCoins, which they are free to use until the week ends.",

"Payment with BigCoins works like so: when an Apex wants to buy something (say, a chocolate banana) from another Apex, they mentally deduct the item's cost from the BigCoin wallet inside their brain, and the seller adds the amount to their BigCoin wallet. This system, according to the MiniKnog, works remarkably well and is superior to all other forms of barter.",

"The first twenty years of BigCoin use were a trial run, limited to MiniKnog-approved settlements. Once the obscurocurrency was deemed a success, the MiniKnog chose to roll out BigCoins across the entire galaxy. The rollout was accompanied by a dearth of helpful pamphlets, with each bearing Big Ape's official banana seal and a quote from the Ape himself: \"BigCoins are awesome!\"",

"Upon BigCoin's introduction to the interstellar market, the currency instantly suffered hyperinflation due to a lack of checks, balances, and brainwashing. Within mere moments, BigCoin became literally worth less than nothing. Shortly afterwards, the rollout was cancelled and, in an unrelated event, bones and DNA belonging to the BigCoin development team were found in the stomachs of a particularly savage band of Florans in the Delta sector. A statement from the MiniKnog on the event blamed a galaxy-wide conspiracy against the Apex.",

"Shortly afterwards, the rollout was cancelled and, in an unrelated event, bones and DNA belonging to the BigCoin development team were found in the stomachs of a particularly savage band of Florans in the Delta sector. A statement from the MiniKnog on the event blamed a galaxy-wide conspiracy against the Apex.",

"Nowadays, BigCoins are once again limited to MiniKnog settlements, and trading BigCoins with outsiders is punished with summary execution. The illicit BigCoin to Pixel conversion rate is currently six trillion to one, give or take a few.",

"Editor's Note: In the absence of the Chronicle's investigative reporter Charlton McVicar, we've decided to run with this educational piece by renowned Hylotl scholar Dr. Isu. Thank you, Dr. Isu, for this inside look into the fascinating culture of the Apex people."

]
    }

7. ianpb

ianpb Void-Bound Voyager

How about this:

Title: New Dictator?

description: A green western novakid will soon be our next ruler of the galaxies

specie: glitch