Mob The Bugfixers

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Newominus, Apr 29, 2013.

?

What are your thoughts on them?

1. I like them!

79.2%
  2. I don't like them.

6.2%
  3. They look really cool!

46.2%
  4. They look gross

3.8%
  5. They're alright.

13.8%
  1. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like them very much but they look hard to animate!:up:

2. Newominus

Newominus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rawr, this thing is pretty big won't you say?
    [​IMG]

3. SamTheEpic

SamTheEpic Astral Cartographer

LIKE A BOSS

4. Newominus

Ive finally created a set for the Bugfixer Emperor :sarcasm:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ive tried to incorperate the Emperor's attacks into the set, and it mainly revolves around having a large energy pool.
    It looks quite complex, but hopefully it will look great all the same.

5. TheFinny

TheFinny Phantasmal Quasar

The instant I read the name of these mobs, I thought they would be arranging blocks into neat shapes or squares etc. when they are not near the players. As in, fixing bugs of irregular shapes and non-symmetric areas in the world.

I don't know how much of the planet is rendered around the player by the engine, but it would be cool to find straight lines and squares around on the ground and get the feeling that they're somewhere nearby when you explore.

6. Newominus

While that concept is mildly interesting, I don't exactly agree that it would add much in comparison to the time it would take to implement.

And on their name, as people have noticed, it comes from their crusade against the Glitch, as in, they fix the Glitch. Out of existence. Rather than going around neatly flattening the terrain to 90 degree angles.

7. joelou1

joelou1 Void-Bound Voyager

So If I understand well, they are number one nemesis of Glitches?

My my... I'm going to be in trouble...

Nice concept. I'd like to see if it can reach the game eventualy (you almost done all of the artwork so far).

8. TheFinny

TheFinny Phantasmal Quasar

Hehe, they do have a point there. The truth about that terrain is painful to me even if I don't really expect to see it that way.:speechless:

It just sounded like it would create more variety instead of just the crusade. Although I understand that the Glitch are a major bug to be fixed in their mind, I would expect them to have the need to fix something else in the areas that have been cleared of Glitch. :cautious:

These mobs are a really nice idea regardless. If this were to come to the game, I'd hope they'd manage to animate the higher tier mobs well, since they could easily get pretty cluttered with all the detail.

9. Newominus

Mushie likes this.
  10. Deathskull

Deathskull Phantasmal Quasar

What constitutes a "boss" bugfixer exactly? Is it everything past the tank?

Gread idea by the way, I like the sprites and the large variety of abilities these things have, this would potentially be one of my favorite games if each enemy was as unique and varied as these are.

11. Newominus

Pretty much everything past the tank, yeah. I might redo the aircraft (along with some other restructuring), i made it pretty early on and it kinda looks outdated. No promises though :p

12. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

If they get in the game I must use 1337 l-lAx0l3 ski113 to kill the boss.
    EDIT:I also like Alpha,Beta and Omega very much.

13. Newominus

Welp, I remade the look of most of the Bugfixers. Some of them are not updated yet, and ill get to them later when im up to the task. As a result of this remake, they are slightly shorter than they were.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You may ask me, "Why on bloody buggery did you do that?", well I felt as if they looked too 'organic' in their shape and a little outdated. I also didn't split them into parts when I first made them, so drawing them has gotten really easy now.

Theres also a new member, the Golden Bugfixer. Hes that kind of enemy that only takes 1 damage from everything, but i've designed him so that he doesn't instantly explode when you use your flamethrower.
    [​IMG]

14. Mushie

Mushie Phantasmal Quasar

Allready done! :DD

15. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

Continue~

This is some very nice work! I really like your art style and I'm in love with the Emperor! N-not that I'm into power or anything...! ;) I'm totally into power~

16. Newominus

Ive put in bars and stuff for the stats, whoopee :l
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Walrusly Walrus

Walrusly Walrus Aquatic Astronaut

Oh boy stats. Also other cool stuff that I haven't seen because I only go on once every 8 years. This stuff is really good though.

I want to give a suggestion but thinking of stuff is hard. My only offering is make a disco bot with an afro.

Dargona1018 and Mushie like this.
  18. Mushie

Mushie Phantasmal Quasar

Should be like disco zombie on plant vs zombies. (as a really rare easter egg enemy)

19. SamTheEpic

SamTheEpic Astral Cartographer

I feel you. I mean, coming up with an original idea is hard. I have an idea, though I just haven't figured out how to present it. I hope I can somehow.

20. jintoya

jintoya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

in the immortal words of George Carlin "HOLY JUMPIN F**KING NUTBALLS!" if this dose not make it into the game tell me you are going to either mod it in or find someone who will. i was looking for the sprite art you told me about and hit "was last seen" and i'm glad i did. you should add in that top post somewhere the following line "all of their mechs/armor are eventually obtainable but you must find the blueprints first" maybe if you kill like 1000 of em you start seeing mech parts, blueprints, weapons and armor blueprints as rare drops?