The Caustic Stag Helmet

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by Suika Ibuki, Dec 2, 2012.

1. WaitingSilence

WaitingSilence Big Damn Hero

You may be right that without the turrets it may seem a bit too plain. They make it unique and stand out compared to some of the other hats submitted. But I like more plain and simple things most of the time, so my personal preference would be to have the hat without the turrets. They are cool and effective for what their intended purpose is as described by you, but to me it feels like it makes the hat a bit bulky and they make you stand out a lot. It is all personal preference though, and to be honest I like the way the hat is presented and the concept of it. You seem to have put a lot of thought into how it looks and how you were going to present it which is a big plus.

2. Yea, but that's the intent really, to stand out. There's pretty much nothing else [almost every unique idea capable of being thought about by us is pretty much taken already] to make it any more unique in the spectrum, to be honest. The only other means was through animation, which I've talked about previously.

3. WaitingSilence

WaitingSilence Big Damn Hero

All of this trying to think of new ideas reminded me of a video I watched called "everything is a remix". It makes me think of how ideas like this one developed and morphed in people's heads and where their inspiration came from. according to the concept of the video, all of the hats that were submitted (including mine) were derived from previous example's of hats and were left the same, altered, or combined with the concepts of other hats. Originality mainly comes from a person's ability to make their type of hat stand out and have different features from the norm that make theirs look new and fresh.

4. That's what I aimed for: out of the norm. Sadly, it's hard to test whether it's a "good" kind of a "bad" kind, since it's pretty much new to everyone.

5. 1nk-kp0

1nk-kp0 Sandwich Man

Oh.. large and beautiful work..О_О It is... it is.. amazing:eek: very very many concept art. It is win

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  6. Master Pixely

Master Pixely Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok. 1st award is to Suika Ibuki. Well done for winning!
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    Probably the announcement, tbh.

Dzelda and Suika Ibuki like this.
  7. Haha, I hadn't seen your entry until just now, and it is everything I could've hoped and dreamed for. And it has that mind-boggling combination of adorable and badass, that only you seem able to pull off.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  8. i added a tiny bit of info in the OP hoping i don't shamelessly bump o3o

okay i admit, i shamelessly bumped

but i still added stuff

i mean srsly what kind of CAUSTIC stag wouldnt be resistant to corrosive elements?

9. I forgive you, because I noticed something I hadn't before, and it is my new favourite part.
    44.png

10. Confetti is made by feeding colorful birds into the turret compartments

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  11. Soron

Soron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

!!! This is,,,,.... cOOOOllll I WANT!!!:up:

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  12. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Why Onis can't wear helmets.

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  13. It's why I can't have nice things