1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Data Nexi Pleased Giraffe [Broken}

Data-Nexi - Inquisitive. Logical. Electronic.

1. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Relten and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

A bit of a suggestion here regarding the lore and theme...
    Since they are essentially entities composed of data in a sapient and solid form, maybe you should base it around that. (Like TRON... Or something super cyberpunky)
    For example, the various materials could be different sizes of compressed data caches, starting with tier 0 being "bit", tier 1 being "Byte", then "Kilobyte", "Megabyte" ,"Gigabyte", "Terabyte", "Petabyte", "Exabyte", and "Zettabyte". And your tools could be ".zip drills" "datamine pick" "Trojan swords" "worm spears" "hax axe" "virus daggers" and etc. (and your glo bro could be a living byte of data compared to yottabyte a Nexan)

haynesy566 likes this.
  3. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

:chrono::idea::saywhat::wot::cry::cool:- My feels right now!

I love your idea so much that I am going to make it happen!! @Jareix Cryvix you sir, are a legend.
    Expect a release tomorrow for name changes and slight sprite adjustments. However my "Holo-Collector" will still have light as a dependency to produce "Raw Data" but I might change it's name to "Data-Extractor"

If you want to write up what you would like the Lore to be, feel free to message it to me, and I think I'd like to change the Race's name so feel free to make suggestions on that
    Thanks Jareix

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  4. Zeraxen Sar'athin

Zeraxen Sar'athin Void-Bound Voyager

I love the premise of this mod and I can't wait to see it when it's updated. Keep up the good work! :3

Jareix Cryvix and haynesy566 like this.
  5. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Once I get my Starbound Build up and running this will be updated for Pleased Giraffe!
    Thanks for your interest!

6. Zeraxen Sar'athin

Anytime :3

7. Zeraxen Sar'athin

haynesy, would you mind if I took a stab at writing Lore for the origin of the Nexi?

8. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I can help you out if you like.

Now, we want to try to be careful about that tron lore, as I think the Elunites are using that theme...you could try to merge them into cyberpunk though.

Or, an even better idea is to make them incredibly radical 80s cyberpunk (like blade runner)

haynesy566 likes this.
  9. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

80's Cyberpunk sounds good. Relten I would love it if you were able to get this compatible with the latest version, as you may or may not know when the devs updated starbound they added in the requirement for vcredist 2015, it won't install on my computer so it's pretty much useless at the moment. So yeah I'd love it if you could, would be greatly appreciated

Relten likes this.
  10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Alrighty, let me update it for you...and add a little surprise.

haynesy566 likes this.
  11. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

*Insert childish voice* I love surprises!

Relten likes this.
  12. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Just an observation, but the Kirhos are also doing the 80s cyberpunk theme. Elunite is more of a Tron theme though.
    If I could suggest a theme, try something retrofuturistic. As in, the future, but imagined by someone in the 1950s for example. Or dial back to the future of the Victorian era, even.
    But then again, similar theming is also fine.

13. Jareix Cryvix

Well... It seems to me that the Elunites are mostly going for the modernistic aesthetic of TRON legacy... I was thinking something a bit closer to something like the game TRON2.0 but unique in its own right... So maybe based around the concept of de-digitalized data and technology but maybe a bit aesthetically closer to classic TRON. (But once again, unique in its own right... Especially with the lore... Maybe with the SAIL being closer to the MCP or a literal byte of data rather than the elunite's morbis. Light disks would probably be unnecessary... Maybe floppy disks for main crafting? Those were used in the seventies right? )

14. Zeraxen Sar'athin

Yes, floppy disks were used in the seventies :rofl: They were also used up until the advent of USB, which if I remember correctly happened around 2000.

15. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I remember when floppies were cool....

I feel like an old man now.

16. Zeraxen Sar'athin

:rofl: So do I, my first computer came with a floppy disk drive and a cd drive and nothing else.

Relten likes this.
  17. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

CD drives were not invented yet when I had my first computer.

18. Jareix Cryvix

I'm still playing the original "Rise of the Triad" off of floppy disk. I also played myst on the original iMac. Favorite age was definitely the selenetic age. Loved that maze puzzle.

Relten likes this.
  19. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

haynesy566 updated The Data Nexi with a new update entry:

UPDATE FOR PLEASED GIRAFFE

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. aparoid100

aparoid100 Void-Bound Voyager

i had an idea that may help with the look of the character.....i don't know if you are aware of a game called warframe but if you look up the name "cephalon" you will see computer AI with different prism like looks i thought they may act as a base for an original character model. more future like and less humanoid. i don't know, its your mod you do what you want. i just thought they would make a good base model for your race.

from yours truly
    ~aparoid100

haynesy566 likes this.