Digital The Dawn of Two Suns (A Starbound Comic)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Absurdisan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Nethril

Nethril Aquatic Astronaut

:concerned: Oh..I appear to be leaking....this is bad.

2. Blurkeisaname

Blurkeisaname Void-Bound Voyager

Haaaaah... It has been just shy of a two year gap in comics, similar to last time actually. Despite all this time, only two people has posted since my last post. JSG6155 and Nethril, bless your heart. Here's a rundown of what has happened since then. Starbound has been officially released, more or less around the time that you released the last page, the fifth page of your comic. At some point between then and now, I acquired the funds for a new computer and finally played Starbound. It was awesome, and I still play it once in a while. Then I remembered this comic. All of this really. And I was afraid. Afraid that you would follow, as many have, into oblivion. My last post said that I was going away to prepare something and that I had something important to do. I can't remember what that thing was, but that doesn't matter. I wanted to draw fanart for your comic. I know that isn't some great task or anything, but setting my mind on that allowed me to grow as an artist. I sketched the drawings for both characters within that week, but in a way that oddly resembles my last post, Real life takes precedence. A year went by, and the characters were still scarcely sketched. So much happened, nearly too much if I'm honest, that I couldn't even remember the characters names, much less how they looked like. I could've just checked here to refresh my memory, but I was afraid to see exactly what I now see. Silence. Scarcely a word from anyone until nearly a year later, and then more of that emptiness, until now.

I finished the sketch four months ago.

I colored it two months ago.

And now I present to you, from an amateur artist to you, my first ever pieces of fanart.

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. Blurkeisaname

Blurkeisaname Void-Bound Voyager

For whatever reason, I can't directly post them here. Unfortunate. Oh well. It's a pain, but here's the links to them.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/70e564e3aba934e18858e8a00dfc12ad/tumblr_p8fygasTvh1uw3l16o2_1280.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d87fdcc890f57a3c90a7f4527ed55252/tumblr_p8fygasTvh1uw3l16o1_1280.jpg

I guess this is goodbye. I'll check in every once in a while, but I'd be lying if I said I had any hope left. That's not your fault, but well current circumstances make it hard to not be cynical.

Now to repeat the words I said so long ago.

"You've done great work, keep up the great work, unless you don't want to, then don't. Good luck with your present situation whatever it may be! Especially so, if it happens to be needed."

Goodbye.

Alkanthe and The Squid like this.
  4. Skyfall927

Skyfall927 Void-Bound Voyager

And so. The last of the watchmen stand, waiting... yearning for the day the great lord who draws to return.

SledDog and The Squid like this.
  5. kingrec

kingrec Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ankaa = wear a orange dress
    Corvus = Wear a cowboy costume clothing thing
    (Trying to go to the classic style of cowboy)

6. SledDog

SledDog Yeah, You!

:fishbowl:It's been a whole year... I hope this comic comes someday. Hopefully this comment revives the thread.

7. kingrec

kingrec Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope

SledDog likes this.
  8. SledDog

SledDog Yeah, You!

Every one, huh? I've been watching this thread and even saved it. Refreshing it every few days, I sure as heck hope you've got every intention to finish.

Edit: this was taken from page 14 of the comments so who knows how long ago he said this, yet I still hold him to it.

Edit edit: he made a final post after that, yet I still hold him to it.

9. Coolorino

Coolorino Intergalactic Tourist

uh huh... so it's been 2 years yet again... it's a 4 year gap? i made an account to type here. MADE AN ACCOUNT! so... what the heck Absurdian? send a reply please

Edit: i started reading this in 2019 but didn't feel the need to comment yet

10. Coolorino

Coolorino Intergalactic Tourist

Welp, guys, i'd figure i'd make it offical: this comic thread is offically dead. I mean, no one seems to be 'ere and Absurdian hasn't updated us at all, so...

11. Absurdisan

Absurdisan Phantasmal Quasar

Man, I thought I'd check to see if anyone had posted on this in the last few years since I just remembered this whole thing, and I'm super surprised to see people were still here!

Thanks to everyone who has stuck around! I'm not going to make any promises, since it's readily apparent that I have issues keeping up with this thing, but I do fancy picking it back up.

I've at the very least got enough responses for another page, plus I get to draw our favourite novakids in lovely outfits! So I guess watch out for an update sometime soonish? No idea when, but I've got the time for it right now.

And thanks again to everyone still here - it really is heartwarming to see so many people still enjoy this!

The Squid, Tyle and Vurrunna like this.
  12. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

The man himself! He lives!

How've you been, fine sir? I hope the intervening moons have treated you well? I've always seen your comic as one of the pinnacles of the Starbound fanart scene, so it's good to see you're still kickin'. The forums aren't nearly as lively as they used to be (especially here on the art side), but we have a handful of fairly dedicated folks that're keeping the flame burning. (On which point, if you haven't yet, I highly recommend you check out @Tyle's Starbound Adventure comic if you get the chance—just tell her the guy that keeps making jokes about stabbing Gus sent ya, she'll know what it means.)

As for your comic, it's cool to hear that it's still on your mind! I totally get what it's like to have a comic you wanna pick back up but end up putting off longer than intended; I, uh, have a couple of those myself, haha. I'm definitely looking forward to the next page, whenever it may come out. Take as long as you need for it—as someone who reads Prequel, I've developed an almost disconcerting patience for comic releases.

Good to See Ya Again,
    — Vurrunna

Tyle likes this.