1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Essential Jetpack Mod 1.1.1

Fly like a bird! Then hit a wall

1. captainrumbarrels

captainrumbarrels Phantasmal Quasar

captainrumbarrels submitted a new mod:

The Essential Jetpack Mod - Fly like a bird! Then hit a wall

Read more about this mod...

2. randomonster

randomonster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only improvement I can think off of is ability to descend/ascend faster, using W and S, as opposed to having to use a controller to go up/down, or at least on the advanced one, so you could maneuver with ease in combat.

3. captainrumbarrels

I have an advanced version of the Jet pack which allows for much smoother control in virtually zero gravity. I posted a query for some help with lua scripting which I am currently teaching myself for just that one problem I have that you pointed out. I would like to do WSAD keybindings.

I'll give it a few days but so far no response yet with my query :/

Hope you enjoy the mod! :)

4. randomonster

Well, from what I understand, you'd want the controls to function like the mech does while in space. But as for how that goes, it might be vehicle controls only. It's worth a shot looking at how that functions. the only alternative i could imagine is a vehicle type jetpack which would allow free use equipment.

5. randomonster

Oh and little tip, you could make a discord server for ideas, collaborations etc. instead of putting your email here.

6. captainrumbarrels

hmm true. the email is just for a public account. not sure how discord servers work but I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip! :)

7. WOOLOO

WOOLOO Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey so where do we craft the new crafting station?

8. captainrumbarrels

You should be able to craft it at the inventors table. I just needs t1 resources like iron, silver etc. Also posting an update since there are conflicts with crafting materials I made

9. WOOLOO

WOOLOO Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ah ok thanks

10. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

You mind posting a few gifs of it in-action?

11. captainrumbarrels

I mainly do youtube videos since I find actual gameplay more effective. But I am making a few graphics for the steam page so I may as well try. I'm working on videos first though.

12. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Any way I could help in making this mod?

13. captainrumbarrels

How good are you with lua scripting? Otherwise The mod is pretty much completed unless you wanted to make new skins or themed armour sets. I wouldn't mind making a community mod where people add their own version of a Jetpack. If you like though you can join my discord server where I discuss mod Ideas. I just started on a new project so I'm experimenting with a few ideas.

14. dr.infern

dr.infern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

there is no crafting station or new items?

15. captainrumbarrels

@dr.infern

So... I'm a complete idiot lol... I wasn't changing the version strings and my updated .pak files weren't updating. So apologies to anyone who had to wait. Hope you all enjoy the new content. Let me know if anything else isn't working and I'll fix it up. :)

16. captainrumbarrels

captainrumbarrels updated The Essential Jetpack Mod with a new update entry:

SonicThunder Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. captainrumbarrels

Hey everybody a few people on my discord server pointed out some minor issues and bugs relating to Jetpacks consuming energy when lounging in objects such as mechs or sleeping in a bed. and some minor issues with the T3 Jetpack not being able to jump out of water properly. I'll be fixing up these bugs over the next day or so and I'll release a patch. Aside from that hope you all like the mod! (^^,)

18. captainrumbarrels

SuperSonic Thunder 1.0.9

19. captainrumbarrels

SuperSonic Thunder - velocity fix for teleshield

20. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I found a error within my starbound.log file that lead me to figure out that the cause was coming from this mod. (Took forever to figure that out btw due to the factor that this is a .pak file.)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [12:09:24.552] [Error] Duplicate projectile asset typeName pushzone. configfile /items/active/weapons/ranged/abilities/protection_sphere/protection_sphere.projectile
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't figure out how to fix this myself, so I figured to be best to mention it to you instead.

I don't believe this error is game breaking or anything like that, but it's there and... well yeah. o3o