Race The Ethereals (Mod now available!)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Horus-the-Chorus, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Horus-the-Chorus

Horus-the-Chorus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hair and eye colors are separate and purple eyes already exist, so you should be able to recreate that. :)

2. Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

yeah I saw that.

3. DandyWizard

DandyWizard Space Penguin Leader

wow that guy is a troll don't you think Table Fancy?

4. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Wow, really cool, support!

5. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you going to update with the technology stuff? I love the idea but i really want to learn more about their background.

6. KashaDatWolf

KashaDatWolf Big Damn Hero

v-v Google showed me the concept sprites ;-; I like them the most they looked like my BF's character Leviathan so I was like OMFG NEED then its like nope they look like Fraggle rock characters v-v
    nice race tho :3
    just not what I thought xD

7. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

These guys look UUUUUUUUUUUUGLY!!!D:
    Nice suggestion,though.

8. KashaDatWolf

KashaDatWolf Big Damn Hero

Well i didnt want to say it quite like that but I can agree v-v the concept spirtes look so beautiful v-v

9. Horus-the-Chorus

Thanks... for the... creative critique. How about this: find a race you like better and stop being so god damn rude. :)

10. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm not rude.
    They're just so freaking SCARY!
    I do not mind the race,overall.:D

11. Peachy

Peachy Star Wrangler

You were quite rude about it

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  12. Peaceful Floran

Peaceful Floran Phantasmal Quasar

Do they throw banannas at people?

13. Horus-the-Chorus

A potential ship design! I'm not sure how larger ships work in-game yet, though, so I might downsize it.

[​IMG]

Cliff474, Corraidhín and Deteno like this.
  14. Deteno

Deteno Void-Bound Voyager

Oh sweet, that ship design is really cool! :DD
    Very sleek and sciency, plus the external storage thing brings home the nomad feel. Like the sci-fi equivalent of a car with a bunch of luggage tied to the roof. :rofl:
    I haven't done extensive searching(I haven't been on the forums in a long while) but if there's still no info on how the bigger ships are going to work then it might be a good idea to start with the small version first, remove the bottom level and move up the storage container. That way you'll have something regardless of how the bigger ships work out and can work from there. You can get the big version done when we have more information. Again, I really like the concept! :up:

Horus-the-Chorus likes this.
  15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

When i found the race mod, i didnt even suspect it would be something this big, i thought of them as something original and out of the box thing... i didnt even require to read any of the descriptions (i did read em, just saying) to know this was something different... but now that i found the thread (that "here" button wasnt there i swear) i can tell this race has great potential, in more than one way, and for more than just starbound, tho thats too ambitious for me to say. As a culture, it has a strong foundation, artistically speaking it gives place to a lore rich species that has a good standpoint from which to grown further, and keep developing more and more as the universe expands, the nature of their story adding up to the possible variations and eccentricies of the species... i will stop before i get too ahead of myself, so ill just finish saying that this has been one of the mosti mpressive ideas i ve seen this year.

Deteno and Horus-the-Chorus like this.
  16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

http://starbounder.org/File:New_Ship_Upgrades.gif
    seems to be they are gonna be pretty big :p

the current design seems appropiate, given a slight re-scaling to the rooms (not moving them, just making them slightly bigger) i would say this ship is a green light design

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  17. Cliff474

Cliff474 Void-Bound Voyager

I seriously like this idea. They're like beautiful celestial beings. I'm all for this!

18. Deteno

Deteno Void-Bound Voyager

Howdy, just checking back in to see how things are rolling. It has been awhile and I was wondering if the mod is still alive or if have you moved on to greener pastures?

19. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Like the fan art for this mod, keep it up!

20. 8-BIT Gorilla

8-BIT Gorilla Astral Cartographer

The art and ideas are amazing. I'll be sure to get the mod.