1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Faleni Mothia 0.1

Fuzzy 1920s bootleggers, in space!

1. tcst013

tcst013 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

tcst013 submitted a new mod:

The Faleni Mothia - Fuzzy 1920s bootleggers, in space!

Read more about this mod...

jonathonspy likes this.
  2. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Its finally here. Lets go.

3. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Cute mod. You need a custom specie pic for the char menu. Also in your species file, racial label names are in uppercase.

4. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

BRILLIANT!
    for a respawn animation., how about a moth egg, but lots of Moths carry it up, swirl around, and then fly away, revealing a cocoon with the mothia inside?
    and would the wings (when they are added) flap?

5. tcst013

I'm liking the idea for the respawn animation, but I feel more cocoon would fit them than swirling moths.
    As for the wings, they are gonna flap and are planned to be either an early pulse jump or way to slow falling.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I remember giving you advice on this mod when you first presented it in the modding discussion; I loved the little demonstration version, there is a lot of potential for fun and unique customization options. Congratulations on the release, I can not wait to see the completed project.

jonathonspy likes this.
  7. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

hmm..a leaf with a grub on it, it eats the leaf, coccoons itself, the cocoon falls off and cracks on the ground, revealing the Mothia?

and why not both? slow fall and pulse jump?
    heck, the wasp race can jump forever and glide, although thats a back item they spawn with...
    the Puffin race can jump forever? something like that?

8. tcst013

That respawn actually sounds really fitting. It would work pretty well. As for the wings, still a WIP idea so it'll take a bit to get to that one. Priority right now is on finishing sprites and adding weapons/armor/the ship.

jonathonspy likes this.
  9. Santeripe

Santeripe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have permission from the author of the Wasp race mod to use that infinite flight and glide script for my own mods, as long as i credit them. So that could be done too.

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. tcst013

For those of you wanting instant replies with the team and I, we have a discord. Most of us are more active on there so drop by if you'd like.
    [EDIT] The discord is being changed to a more development focused one for the dev team to chat. If you have anything to say to any of us, feel free to drop it in the discussion here!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    jonathonspy likes this.
  11. chimerick

chimerick Intergalactic Tourist

I recommend looking up 1920's slang and making it a little over-the-top for all of the scan-mode comments, a little like the Novakids and their Frontier drawl. Maybe even write a settlement script where speakeasies run by Faleni show up in the towns of other races, if that's possible. Personally, I love the concept of this race, especially the Depression-era Mob culture. It was the one thing missing from all the other cultures we've seen so far.

12. tcst013

I'm really liking the speakeasy idea and the scan comments suggestion. There's a small bit of that in already, but the hidden speakeasies in other settlements really sounds interesting.

13. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

@tcst013 If you are planning on making object descriptions for your race then I recommend this tool

https://community.playstarbound.com...ething-to-use-for-racial-descriptions.136135/

I have been using it lately and I have easily written nearly a thousand object descriptions without the hassle of having to create each and every patch file. (Trust me when I say it takes a lot to actually get me to say this) this is something that every one should use when making races.