1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Final Frontier!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Knightwyvern, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightwyvern

Knightwyvern Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone else getting a kind of Star Treky vibe after hearing about all the different creatures, planets, mechanics etc? By which I mean.. I get the feeling that every time I visit a new environment or pick up a new crew member it will bring back that excellent exciting feeling of watching a new episode of TNG where they go to a strange new world and seek out new life and new civilizations. I've missed that feeling, so few games really capture the thrilling sense of exploration and discovery. I think that is what I'm looking forward to the most about Starbound. I already know I'm going to adore this game. Any other Trekkies out there that feel this way?

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Personally I'm hoping for a borg-like species.

3. Knightwyvern

Knightwyvern Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, borg and androids. If I can have an awesome android, my life will be complete.

4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

Yeah I love the feeling of exploring and finding totally new things all the time. I hope it is well put in this game.

5. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

It definitely has a Star Trek/ Stargate vibe to it, which is one of the reasons I can't wait to play it. I LOVE games that let you explore, and this one is taking it to a whole new level <3

6. Waspor

Waspor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was going to post the full intro monolog to Star Trek, but I'll just say "I agree" :p

7. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm probably most looking forward to exploring. I'm going to try to gather bits of all kinds of different planets, and then place them on what would be my home planet, with a little viewing area in each one, safely fenced like Jurassic Park.

8. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

I never did watch Star Trek, but I can say for a fact that the entire exploration and discovery element of Starbound is what brings a lot of appeal to it. I definitely love that aspect in any game and Starbound emphasizes it very well.

9. Waspor

Waspor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Me neither, heck TNG was the only one a thought was decent (Star Wars fan over here lol), but I can still see the similarities (or possibly inspiration?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.