1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Galactic Tree Index

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Krabbe, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Krabbe

Krabbe Pangalactic Porcupine

Welcome fellow Protectorate to the Galactic Tree Index.
    There are many beautiful trees out there in the universe waiting to be explored, but the universe is big; too big for us to explore alone. We need you to help us find and make articles about beautiful, unique or special trees out there people might want to use for building. We ask you to please not make a article if you are using a tree mod.

We appreciate if you use the wiki http://starbounder.org/Trees to help you make the article.

Please Include:
    The OS you are using
    The version of the game you are using
    The EPP needed

Name of the Tree (Not needed; You make the name)
    Coordinates of the System (System name and planet name included)
    Screenshot of the tree (If you don’t have a screenshot please write the Trunk type, Leaf type and their colour. Use the wiki for help)
    Where on the planet they are

Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

back when trees were entirely generated it would have been fun, now its just meh.

3. Krabbe

Are they not randomly generated any longer? the trees i’ve found (unique trees not included) seemed to be randomly generated

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

they massively reduced the possible combinations. and the color variations isn't that big anymore too.

but youc an just try to make a few planetary hops and start to collect them. Especially the subbiomaes like flower iomes have now a lot less variety, its like the same 3 trees with slightly color variants.

5. Krabbe

Ok, it might be less fun, but people might still need help fining the correct tree for their base

Never likes this.
  6. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't listen to the Naysayer(s). I know many people search for the perfect trees to use in builds, and I'll help out as best as I can too!

The biggest demand is for "Cherry Blossom" (Aka Lotus Foliage) trees. Perhaps we could start a search for them specifically, and catalogue the things we find in the meantime as well?

Alsanu likes this.
  7. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd Ignore the Naysayers.

I watched this thread the moment it pops up because i'm always looking for cool stuff.

I have nothing to supply yet but i will when i have something

Edit :

I do have this from an earlier thread. Metal Trees with leaves. I dont remember specifics unfortunately.

Theres more details here :
    About Fake metal tree ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  8. Krabbe

My Starting world have them. They have Birch Trunk, Cloudy leaves coloured pink. Might be different now since that was in 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.0.2. Can go and check now

EDIT: Still there, i’m on mac and i’ll write the coordinates and picture of the tree later.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  9. Krabbe

http://imgur.com/a/zraFK
    Version: 1.0.5
    EPP: None

Shiro Sakura
    Coordinates: x: 774019248 y: 1117560 System name: Cursa Morass Planet name: Cursa Morass I
    [​IMG]
    Go to the right from spawn and after some time you’ll start seeing it. Some have purple leaves and some have pink leaves.

Never likes this.
  10. Shadencile

Shadencile Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, so if anyone is looking for these trees, I spent quite some time looking for them.
    As an added bonus i also found them in blue and also flowers.

OS ? I am on a PC, windows 10
    Versions 1.0.5
    You should not need much, it is a forest planet.

This is the planet
    [​IMG]

when you beam down go to your right.

You should find the following trees

[​IMG]

And these
    [​IMG]

Just out of curiosity, do you think it is possible to find the pink leaves on the white bark/birch bark trunks?

Krabbe and Never like this.
  11. Never

It certainly is!

Shadencile likes this.
  12. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wish all the trees dropped their saplings. I ran into some very beautiful "ice globe" trees, as I'm calling them. They look like lovely wood trees that entangle globes of ice within their branches. Chopped down about twenty before I realized they didn't drop the sapling. :C!

13. Krabbe

I had some like that in the update before the full release. Search for spring mini biomes that appear on Lush and Forest planets (mostly Forest) since that is the only place you can find Birch trunks

14. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

You should also make clearly that only people without tree mods should post here, otherwise stuff may not be found thats posted.

5 of the "perfect" trees I would be looking for do not exist anymore.

Never likes this.
  15. Noir Korrane

That doesnt mean that Other peoples perfect trees are gone.

Never likes this.
  16. Never

Yeah, that should probably be added...

17. Krabbe

Have added it

18. Shadencile

On PC.
    Version 1.0.5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] These also appear in green as well on this planet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Noir Korrane likes this.
  19. Noir Korrane

@Shadencile which Windows are you running?

I believe that effects the gen too.

20. Shadencile

oh same as last post, win 10. :>