1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP The Gallavoir: Gardevoir/Gallade in Starbound

Discussion in 'Races' started by Mackinz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hey, folks, no update just yet (one is in the works). But I do have a question:

What kind of pet do you want to see added to this in this mod?

If you've been paying attention for the last few days, you might have noticed that pets are now available in the Nightly branch of Starbound. Every race has a unique pet, and it will likely be a requirement for races to have one. In our private discussion thread, laz and Sixty have contributed some suggestions for the Gallavoir pet, and I'd like to get your opinions and votes too.

Here is our current list of ideas:
    • Torchic
    • Zigzagoon
    • Mudkip
    • Galvantula
    • Shinx
    • Lillipup
    • Purrloin
    • Pumpkaboo
    I'm partial to Torchic and Shinx, myself, but I'm not opposed to any particular choice. If you like any of the above choices, voice your opinion in a reply!

If you don't like any of the above, please make your opinion heard and make a suggestion of your own! Preferably something not too tiny or tall, or with special requirements (like Diglett).

2. lucario515

lucario515 Phantasmal Quasar

Purrloin, definitely!

Mackinz likes this.
  3. t.ferabend

t.ferabend Void-Bound Voyager

galvantula sounds great. otherwise shinx

Edit: you could set up a straw poll for this (http://strawpoll.me/)

Mackinz likes this.
  4. SixtySomething

SixtySomething Void-Bound Voyager

Mackinz isn't available right now, but since I'm part of this mode I've set up a strawpoll. http://strawpoll.me/3793820
    Edit: made a typo on one of the names, made a new strawpoll.

laz2727 and Mackinz like this.
  5. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Mackinz likes this.
  6. Mackinz

I actually decided against making a poll on an external website because I did not want to ignore the vote of people with new ideas, but I still voted.

t.ferabend likes this.
  7. laz2727

[​IMG]

Mackinz likes this.
  8. Mackinz

9. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

I would love a Pumpkaboo as a pet! Or a Litwick if possible! Only because they are my favorite Pokemon. Any pet would be a great addition though.

Mackinz likes this.
  10. Mackinz

I like Litwick quite a bit, too, but j decided against suggesting it because it wouldn't really have much possible animation. :<

Plus, Litwick aren't especially known for their swimming ability! That's a necessary animation...

11. KateisLost

True, Litwicks don't swim well. Maybe one as just an object? I would love to have a Litwick lamp or something like that.

12. SixtySomething

SixtySomething Void-Bound Voyager

A Litwick lamp would be neat, in my opinion.

13. Mackinz

Actually, it would be a Lampent lamp. Litwick would be a candle.

KateisLost likes this.
  14. KateisLost

And a Chandelure chandelier!!? Maybe a normal and a shiny version of each?

15. laz2727

Sure, wynaut.

t.ferabend likes this.
  16. Necrovore

Necrovore Pangalactic Porcupine

I was doing a check to see if there were any new liquids for me to add to my Spigot mod and noticed your contribution, as your mod is still heavily under development I'll hold off, but I just wanted to check if the spelling was right in the Liquid List?

17. Mackinz

18. Necrovore

Okay. As I mentioned previously I'm going to wait for an official release in the mod section then I will add support for that liquid and any others you choose to add. Hmm, in regards to possible pets if the voting is still going on, how about sticking with the plant theme and making an Oddish? It may be a first gen, but I think it would do well as a pet.

Mackinz likes this.
  19. laz2727

We technically claim 150-155, and mod team is somewhat bigger, but okay.

Sure, wynaut.

20. Necrovore

If you are talking about liquids used, put em on the list! Even if they aren't fully implemented, if you know you are going to use them, and what names they are going to have, put em up so someone doesn't end up using that value or the same name in their mod. In the case of duplicate liquid names, I have to pick one mod to support over the other, and the other will break if using my mod, I can't do a check to see which mod is installed as we don't really have the framework for that in LUA atm, it would require every mod maker to stick to a modding framework that would supply us with something we can reference from any LUA file to do checks with and the implementation of that is far more difficult then just requiring every modder to submit their liquids to a list. :p