1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Game Hunter: Mounted Monsters v1.52 (p1.2)

Use the Game Rifles to bag place-able stuffed versions of your foes.

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

I'm pretty sure that's because of the same bug which lets you mine and pick up the Status Pods. Apparently, since last patch, the object option to prevent drops is broken. I expect they'l get to it soon enough, though.

2. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Is this compatible with custom monster parts?

3. Wellbott

For the randomized monsters, what the object actually stores and recreates is the monster's generation seed. So if you have a mod which adds or alters the monster bits, if the monster generator can use them, then they will be faithfully recreated.

This has the occasional downside that an update can change how the monster seeds are processed. This happened not too long ago, and all my stuffed monsters meta-morphed into new ones! On the other hand, that accurately reflected what happened on the planets they came from :p

4. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

:rofl: too bas i'm still gonna try it though.

5. Omega_novakid6

Omega_novakid6 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure if the mod is in right for me, it is in the mod part of the starbound folder but it won't work in game. If you have the time, could you answer whats wrong?

6. Wellbott

/Starbound/Mods or /Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods? At them moment, all mod and player data has to go in the giraffe-specific folder. Something about them wanting to port koala saves at some point I think.

7. Omega_novakid6

I have it in the giraffe mods. otherwise the game doesn't seem to recognize the file actually being there.

8. Wellbott

Well that is where "there" is for the current build. By not work, is it that guns aren't appearing? The guns don't work? Or the stuffed monsters are malfunctioning?
    You should be able to make the lowest "Game Rifle" variant at a metalworking station. And if you shoot a monster, it should have a subtle gray smoke coming off it, similar to being on fire.

9. Omega_novakid6

the guns aren't appearing in the crafting stations and such. Otherwise I guess it might just not be there since I didn't start with it.

10. Wellbott

Seems to happen with added recipes inconsistently. I get a few such reports on all my mods... not sure why. You should still be able to find weapons with the effect, or you can use "/admin" and "/spawnitem gamerifle1 1" "/admin" to pop one out.

11. Omega_novakid6

Ok, ill try that, thanks for you time.

12. Omega_novakid6

Okay, tried doingth admin spawnitem, and I just got a perfectly generic item. That mean anything?

13. Wellbott

That sounds like the mod isn't being loaded at all. Do you see this on the main menu screen when you launch?
    [​IMG]
    If not, then also verify that the "The Game Hunter v1.11 (UG)" folder you have in your mods folder does not itself contain another "The Game Hunter v1.11 (UG)" folder.

14. Omega_novakid6

No to the first one, and to the otherpart, I can't since the file is rar and I don't have win rar.

15. Wellbott

Ah, well that's it there: you do need to extract the archive. Starbound only reads naked folders or modpak files.

16. Omega_novakid6

alright then. i'll try to get it exracted

17. CyberGugu

CyberGugu Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having trouble downloading this mod. When I press the big download button, my Mac gives me a message that there is no compatible software that can open this .rar file. I have utorrent, but it's not doing anything. Advice please?

18. Wellbott

There are a number of freeware programs to unarchive rar files, like the unarchiver

19. CyberGugu

CyberGugu Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, I successfully downloaded it. I got a folder with all the files in it. Do I just drop the whole folder in the Starbound mod folder?

20. Wellbott

The folder inside it (should have the same name)