The great quote sharing thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Surenu, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

and on a similar tone

Roskii Heiral and MilkCalf like this.
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

"When a tree falls in a forest without anyone to watch it, a hipster buy his disc"

A quote from a friend of mine ^^

MilkCalf and The Purple Dragon like this.
  3. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I love that C. S. Lewis Quote

4. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

1456946737481.jpg

Too bad I'll never find out who said this.

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

"The fact that others are bad does not imply that you are good."

Biirdy Daysleeper and MilkCalf like this.
  6. Sziklamester

Sziklamester Void-Bound Voyager

Biirdy Daysleeper and MilkCalf like this.
  7. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

"I decide to keep you all on your toes, but have any of my plans actually payed off? Without me you'd all be lazy and when someone serious comes along you'd all die and I'd actually have to do something with my power. So you see, I'm the greatest hero of you all."

MilkCalf and Sziklamester like this.
  8. Andreth

Andreth Space Hobo

“Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make.” Dracula, 1931

9. The Purple Dragon

"Yes I stabbed your <censored> but that doesn't make me a bad dude."-Seananners

MilkCalf likes this.
  10. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Your quote reminded me of The Phantom of the Opera

11. The Purple Dragon

I actually have Dracula. Need to finish it though...

MilkCalf likes this.
  12. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

The one in my sig, by Max Planck.
    The full, more specific version "A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

"Truth is like a saber that people dull to fit them"
    Self quote

14. The Purple Dragon

"The pen is mightier than the sword. Yet actions speak louder than words. All we can agree on is that the pen isn't mightier than all swords and that you should bring a gunsword."

MilkCalf likes this.
  15. Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hermann Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

More of a debate than a singular quote. Irony aside, it's likely one of the most true quotes you will ever come across, and uttered by one of histories most infamous men. Hence why I find it so relevant.

HueHuey, Omicron445, MilkCalf and 2 others like this.
  16. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” -Mark Twain

MilkCalf and Omicron445 like this.
  17. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." (google tells me it was said by Henry Van Dyke)

MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  18. Inferus[RF]

Inferus[RF] Pangalactic Porcupine

“Keep moving forward” ~Monty Oum

19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This is a good one.

MilkCalf likes this.
  20. The Purple Dragon

"Goodnight, sweet prince."- Horatio, Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'

MilkCalf likes this.