1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gunsmith's Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2016.

1. LadyRavenSkye

LadyRavenSkye Lucky Number 13

I had to make an account because of this topic--op you're an inspiration.

Is it also possible to make bows that launch stuff?

Also a pixel pistol?

D.M.G. likes this.
  2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Thank you! :nuruawe:

So for the bows, and furthermore for all weapons that can charge their shoot (with the exception of the Miniknog launcher), it's sadly not possible to make them shoot anything else than their original projectiles, or, if it is possible, I have yet to find a way.

For the money shooting gun, here comes :3
    /spawnitem raregrenadelauncher 1 '{"shortdescription":"Healing VGT","level":9,"seed":301,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/sniper1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"money","baseDps":0,"projectileCount":5,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":9,"power":100000000,"knockback":8}}}'

For the lil' explanation, the pixels are considered as a projectile in the assets, under the name money :)
    So have fun with it and don't hesitate to customize the parameters :3

LadyRavenSkye likes this.
  3. LadyRavenSkye

You're welcome, and thank you!
    I'm not too much of a code junky but I'm gonna have to mess around with this stuff now because this really looks so much fun--and I'll give the weapon a try as soon as Starbound finishes updating some mods.

Pity that weapons when they're in item form can't be used as a weapon. A sword, that shoots smaller swords would be mega. :rofl:

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I can make a sword that shoots plasma blades, if you want :D

5. LadyRavenSkye

I wont say no, that sounds delightful.

Also for your viewing pleasure I have tried the pixel pistol and it looks amazing
    [​IMG]

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Money is not exactly the best projectile but it's funnyX3

So, for the sword, here goes: /spawnitem flamingdemonsword 1 '{"level":10,"altAbility":{"projectileType":"plasmablade","baseDps":50},"shortdescription":"Shiny Fangs"}'
    The projectiles don't go very fast, but that should do the trick

7. LadyRavenSkye

It's perfect.
    "My sword shoots smaller, more violent swords"

I uploaded the screen shots for you, under the cut. :3

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Glad you enjoy it :3
    Oh, and by the way, if you have more ideas, feel free to share them :D

9. LadyRavenSkye

If I do, I totally will.

Oh! Now, this might be not do-able, but a seed gun for grass seeds? That might be beyond the admin consul.

Code:
    Also, I think it would be really cool of you to put images of the weapons + a scroll box with the code on them on the first post, so new people looking at this thread will have an easier time finding things.
    the formatting for it is CODE just toss it in the brackets and you can put the code in there and it'll look nice.

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

For the grass gun, I'll see(d) :D

I'd like to take screenshots, but the thing is, every time I take one, my Starbound window goes pitch black

11. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Here goes :3
    /spawnitem raremachinepistol 1 '{"shortdescription":"Seed Gun","level":9,"seed":701,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/sniper1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"seed","baseDps":10,"projectileCount":2,"inaccuracy":0.08,"projectileParameters":{"speed":50,"power":100,"knockback":8}}}'

12. LadyRavenSkye

Over the next few days I'll screen shot the weapons you've done for you then. :3 I'll crop the image all nice and stuff up too.

I will get around to testing this in the next day or too. I wanna till some land up. :rofl:

EDIT - Seems I cannot use a gun to plant seeds. :rofl:

Also I hope you had a happy new year!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Happy New year too :D

14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Hmmm, does boomerang type weaponry work as a projectile? If so, I'm going to see whether I can make a sniper rifle that fires magnorbs.

15. LadyRavenSkye

Try it, if it works let us know.

16. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Ive gotten boomerangs to fire from guns, but they dont seem to return

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Nah, they don't, but I had quite some fun with the saw chakram :3

Tho, I don't think using the magnorbs will work, as those seems to be really bounded to the weapon

18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I guess I'll just have to make a proper mod to get that to work properly. Although, if they don't return, do boomerangs and the like react to blocks the way boomerangs do or do they just disappear the way bullets do?

19. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I've only tested it with saw chakrams, and they were sticking into blocks, for a short amount of time before disappearing
    What I can guess for the other boomerangs and chakrams is that they might be flying around you for a short period, then disappear

20. TheAbsolis

TheAbsolis Space Hobo

This is actually, really cool. And I just, had to comment on it.

What about a beam firing sniper rifle? Is that a thing that can be done?