1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gunsmith's Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2016.

1. Savage Valkyrie

Savage Valkyrie Intergalactic Tourist

How are you able to copy/paste code into the command line? When I hold Ctrl to paste, it just moves the camera around.

2. TheAbsolis

TheAbsolis Space Hobo

I managed to do it by opening the chat, and then centering the cursor on my character. So long as the screen didn't move it worked.

3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

It looks like there are quite a few beam-type looking projectiles under projectiles>guns>plasmabullets, so yeah i guess so.

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yep, buds, here goes :D
    /spawnitem raresniperrifle 1 '{"shortdescription":"Scarlet Daisy","level":10,"seed":58,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/sniper1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"shortbeam","baseDps":65,"projectileCount":1,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":9999999999,"power":1000,"knockback":0}}}'

I prefer the npcs projectiles, tibia honest, soo..X3

5. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Just so you all know, npcfloranassaultrifle is a valid weapon type too. Here's something I made with this, just dont go using it in battle:

/spawnitem npcfloranassaultrifle 1 '{"shortdescription":"Even Better Watering Can","level":10,"seed":97,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/blocks/water_puddlemod.ogg"]}},"description":"A unique piece of Floran technology.","rarity":"essential","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"watersprinkle","baseDps":0,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":50,"power":0,"knockback":10}},"altAbilityType":"homingrocket","altAbility":{"projectileType":"glowstatusprojectile","baseDps":0,"projectileCount":3,"cooldownTime":0,"energyUsage":45,"inaccuracy":0.1,"boostForce" : 0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":40}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Wait, so the main ability fires water. Is the alt just a version of the standard homing rocket that does nothing?

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

It shoot in the same way the homing rocket sub does, without the homing properties

8. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Well no, because in this case im using the glowstatusprojectile, so altAbilityType:homingrocket does nothing here. The alt fire just produces a glow-gas explosion around the gun and grants the glow status effect to anyone it hits.

D.M.G. likes this.
  9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Oh, nice.

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

You should experiment with the explosive burst alt, Oink, You should come up to some nice thingsX3

11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Let me tell you, firing boomerangs from a gun (I did it by modifying the Hestia; they didn't return since they had no proper origin) is hilarious. I know the alien worm gun uses a boomerang-like mechanic; does anyone know the name of its projectiles?

WORMERANG GUN: /spawnitem raresniperrifle 1 '{"shortdescription":"WORMAGUN","level":10,"seed":12,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/fireblast.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"wormerang","baseDps":100,"projectileCount":1,"inaccuracy":0.0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":50,"power":100,"knockback":40}}}'

I'm also pretty sure that if I could get the character for star, I could get this to shoot the upgraded version.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  12. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

That is, if the wormerang and the upgraded version counts as two different items

13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'm honestly quite unsure how the upgrade system works internally.

14. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, I've loss access to the extracted assets for the moment due to computer change, so... ^^'

15. Kakoure

Kakoure Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Custom weapons are really fun to tool around with, I made a couple of utility spears.

Rocket Thruster:
    /spawnitem rarespear 1 '{"seed":7639,"shortdescription":"Rocket Thruster","description":"Smash into enemies with style.","rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"fire","primaryAbility":{"fireTime":1.30,"baseDps":0,"knockback":300},"altAbilityType":"rocketspear","altAbility":{"projectileType":"firetravelingswoosh","baseDps":500,"cooldownTime":0.1,"energyUsage":0,"inaccuracy":0.0,"boostForce" : -1000,"projectileParameters":{"speed":-100,"knockback":50}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

Blizzard Staff:
    /spawnitem rarespear 1 '{"seed":4269,"shortdescription":"Blizzard Staff","description":"Blow your problems away with this spear!","rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"ice","primaryAbility":{"fireTime":1.30,"baseDps":0,"knockback":300},"altAbilityType":"rocketspear","altAbility":{"projectileType":"icespinswoosh","baseDps":0,"cooldownTime":0.1,"energyUsage":0,"inaccuracy":0.1,"boostForce" : 250,"projectileParameters":{"speed":100,"knockback":50}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

Comito likes this.
  16. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Simple and efficient
    I like thatX3

17. Daemonwolf

Daemonwolf Void-Bound Voyager

My first of a few play weapons, this one is balanced to Frackin Universe as an end-game weapon

Dragon Breath

/spawnitem rareassaultrifle 1 '{"shortdescription":"Dragon Breath","level":10,"seed":9596,"description":"Bullets hot as a dragons breath","rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"fire","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"firefinish","fireTime":0.0001,"baseDps":20000,"knockback":10,"projectileParameters":{"speed":1000,"power":20000,"knockback":10}},"altAbilityType":"rocketbarrage","altAbility":{"projectileType":"splitter","baseDps":100,"projectileCount":1,"cooldownTime":0,"energyUsage":15,"inaccuracy":0.07,"boostForce" : 0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":8000}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

18. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

That's a really nice gun :D

19. gary1423

gary1423 Space Spelunker

I have read all of this but i still dont quite under stand how to use the command to make special wepons ive been trying to make an ar but it just dosent work

20. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

press 'enter' to get into the chat
    type '/admin', press 'enter'
    and then paste whatever code and press enter. weapon should spawn where your mouse cursor is.
    type '/admin', press 'enter' again to exit admin mode