1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gunsmith's Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2016.

1. gary1423

gary1423 Space Spelunker

cool thx

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

If you want to make some by yourself, you should make sure to have access to the assets

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Notes: FU's stuff down here!

So, here's a lil' prototype of mine x)
    /spawnitem armcannon 1 '{"shortdescription":"Bumper ArmCannon","level":15,"seed":3010,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/pulsecannon1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"meleeslash","fireTime":1,"baseDps":0,"projectileCount":1,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":8,"power":0,"knockback":50}}}'

It could serve as a minigame idea I had quite a while ago. It doesn't damage ou or anything, it just bumps you backward when you're struck by it

/spawnitem miniknoglauncher 1 '{"shortdescription":"Lite Missile Launcher","level":15,"seed":3010,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/rifle1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"rocketswarmlite","fireTime":1,"baseDps":50,"projectileCount":1,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":60,"power":0,"knockback":50}}}'

A lil' homing rocket launcher :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  4. Daemonwolf

Daemonwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Making two staffs next, but here's the fiance's shotgun

Arctic Wolf
    /spawnitem rareshotgun 1 '{"shortdescription":"Arctic Wolf","level":10,"seed":3631,"description":"Howl Of Sorrow","rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"ice","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"giganticsnowball","fireTime":0.0001,"baseDps":55000,"knockback":10,"projectileParameters":{"speed":250,"power":50000,"knockback":15}},"altAbilityType":"spraynprey","altAbility":{"projectileType":"snowflakeshuriken","baseDps":100,"projectileCount":1,"cooldownTime":0,"energyUsage":15,"inaccuracy":0.50,"boostForce" : 0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":30}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I never thought I'd see this planet again.

Oh, welp, let's get this weaponry back from Limbo.

Where did I put my keys again?

Oh. There.

*enters the dark, dust-filled room, and turn on the light*

Welp, it's been a while now, isn't it.
    What do we have here?

/spawnitem rareshotgun 1 '{"shortdescription":"Jackson Bird","level":10,"seed":8120,"description":"Let it be zapped till it fall","rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"electric","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"electro","fireTime":1,"baseDps":550,"inaccuracy":0.05,"projectileCount":4,"knockback":80,"projectileParameters":{"speed":90,"power":500,"knockback":80}},"altAbilityType":"grenadelauncher","altAbility":{"projectileType":"electricplasmaimpactgrenade","baseDps":70,"projectileCount":10,"cooldownTime":10,"energyUsage":60,"inaccuracy":0.08,"boostForce" : 0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":45}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

Man... so it was there, I see..

*takes a look at something wrapped in a dirty, oily cloth*

And that is.. a really good new.

/spawnitem rarebroadsword 1 '{"seed":1512,"description":"Well, that is what I call a carpet bombing!","level":10,"elementalType":"fire","altAbilityType":"greatwave","altAbility":{"projectileType":"cluster","baseDps":90},"shortdescription":"The Beautiful Bitch","rarity":"Legendary"}'

Here you are, finally!
    *laughts a bit while hugging the sword*

Welp..
    I guess we're back to business, huh?

6. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I couldnt get your sword's alt to work. It almost made starbound crash when i used it. :\

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Strange :/
    It's just meant to shoot lil' bombs

I've just retested to be sure, but it might comes from your computer

8. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Its really weird. I just tried it again, and while starbound didnt threaten to crash this time, my character just holds the sword over their head as if theyre about to slash, but nothing else.

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

/spawnitem rarebroadsword 1 '{"seed":1512,"description":"Well, that is what I call a carpet bombing!","level":10,"elementalType":"fire","altAbilityType":"kunaiblast","altAbility":{"projectileType":"cluster","baseDps":90},"shortdescription":"The Beautiful Bitch","rarity":"Legendary"}'

I guess that should work then?

oinkgamer likes this.
  10. BM-0

BM-0 Space Hobo

Really liking these weapons! It's fun to screw around on a character that I already cheese on all the time. So tell me, how does a "rocket-spear" work? I saw some guy using a weapon that shot spears from a rocket launcher, which exploded a billion times over upon impact. :eek:

11. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Heh. Hm.
    Welp.
    That might be a mod then, cuz there's no projectile in the base game assets or in FU that are like that
    Tho, if you want a rocket launching spear, that's a business I can handle

12. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

i dunno, people have been making some crazy custom weapons on the starbound reddit page. i personally have no idea how to pull that off, but someone there might.

13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, if people can make a staff that digs up blocks and then gravitationally binds them together for easy collection, then they can probably either attach an explosion effect to a spear or make a rocket launcher spawn in explosives at the point its spears impact on.

14. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Hm
    It's possible to make explosion launcher
    Litteraly

15. Jace_Malcom

Jace_Malcom Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried that miniknog launcher, but for some reason, it doesn't fire, it will charge and use energy, but not fire. it will make the firing sound, but no projectile will be fired, and no damage done to any enemies. I'm not quite sure what's wrong, but perhaps it is because the game has been updated?

16. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Gee, it's been a while since I've been there x)

Whaddya wanna make your Miniknog Launcher fire, actually?

17. Jellyman

Jellyman Phantasmal Quasar

Can you make a rocket launcher that fires weak rockets but fires them very fast? (like 2 per second) Basically a weapon that can mine ore

18. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'll try

It's a hard one, cos most of the block-destroying pojectiles don't drop them

19. Jellyman

Jellyman Phantasmal Quasar

It doesn't need to mine ore, it just has to destroy it.

20. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Oh
    Alright then
    /spawnitem raregrenadelauncher 1 '{"shortdescription":"KBM 9000","level":15,"seed":301,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/pulsecannon1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"energyshard","fireTime":0.2,"baseDps":10,"projectileCount":5,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":50,"power":0,"knockback":50}}}'