The Living-tree hat

Discussion in 'Create-A-Hat' started by Goomboo, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Goomboo

Goomboo Void-Bound Voyager

Here's my entry for the contest. I apologize if my english is poor, since I'm not english.

I introduce you the Living-tree hat:
    Living-tree hat - State 0     4 1.png
    Quite classic, right ?
    But this hat is different... it's made of a magical and extremely rare tree that can survive even by being separated into several pieces. These pieces keep the properties of a living being : It's still alive.​
    So, this hat can change according to the planet, and according to the temperature of this one.​
    Some exemple of this :​
    Living-tree hat - States 1-2-3-00-5-6       4 1.PNG

In the shown order, on a forest planet, on a dry planet (like a desert one), on a snowy planet, on all the other planets that don't involve important climatic changes, on a magmatic planet, and on an oceanic planet.
    Some examples of these in-game :​
    Volcanic Planet.png Snowy Planet.png
    I hope you liked it :)

Important information :

It doesn't really adapt to the trees, I explain :​
    -The hat adapt to the average temperature and humidity on the planet (warm for a forest, cold for a snowy planet ...)​
    -The trees (due to the natural selection) aim towards an unique shape, perfectly adapted to the climate.​

That's why the hat is similar to the planet's trees : They're both adapted to their environment :)

PS: All 1:1 sprites
    Living-tree hat - State 0     1 1.png Living-tree hat - State 1     1 1.png Living-tree hat - State 2     1 1.png Living-tree hat - State 3     1 1.png Living-tree hat - State 00    1 1.png Living-tree hat - State 5    1 1.png Living-tree hat - State 6    1 1.PNG

Oguy, seevenup, yoppyx and 42 others like this.
  2. Nymz

Nymz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kudos on the great pixel work! I love this idea. :laugh:

Breather likes this.
  3. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Wow that was another idea I had that's 3 ideas of my list. Very nice though.

4. 1nk-kp0

1nk-kp0 Sandwich Man

looks beautiful

5. Goomboo

Just posting to say that I changed the "dry" and the "normal" hat, and added "magmatic" hat with some "in-game" examples :)

6. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Really nice design and idea. :up:

7. TheRabid

TheRabid Void-Bound Voyager

you missed spelled example but other wise it's pure gold.

8. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

I love it.

9. Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Just curious, are you sure the hat is not to big to fit in the ''sprite box''?
    Also, I love the sprites.

10. wendyam

wendyam Subatomic Cosmonaut

vote + ;)

11. :idea: how about Oceanic version - a Coral Tree Hat?

Karamunin and EpicTurdle like this.
  12. Goomboo

Oh, thanks ! I'm going to correct that right away :)

Actually, I don't know anything about the sprite-box size ^^'
    That wasn't specified on the main thread (Or I didnt see it) but if someone has values, I'd like to know them :) (And I'll change sprites too if dimensions aren't correct of course)

Well, actually it's not a hat that change according to the planet, it's more like a tree that change according to the temperature and the humidity of the planet. For the "magma" one, that's because the trees are like this on this kind of planet. If on Oceanic planets there're coral trees, that'd be perfect, but there's no garantee of it ^^
    Nice idea anyway, I'll make it to see what it could looks like :)

PS : I'm adding a new version of the snow hat :up:

blind sniper likes this.
  13. Morfessa

Morfessa Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! Very well done. :up:

14. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Careful now.

15. rimvydas

rimvydas Astral Cartographer

Awesome hats !! :)

16. wendyam

wendyam Subatomic Cosmonaut

wah? :cautious:

17. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

does it adapt to thetrees on the planet?

18. tagers

tagers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome !

19. Goomboo

It doesn't really adapt to the trees, I explain :
    -The hat adapt to the average temperature and humidity on the planet (warm for a forest, cold for a snowy planet ...)
    -The trees (due to the natural selection) aim towards an unique shape, perfectly adapted to the climate.

That's why the hat is similar to the planet's trees : They're both adapted to their environment :)

20. Kodee

Kodee Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the ideas, but they so tall! Gonna have a hard time fitting through doors lol.

XRiZUX likes this.