1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Moogles of Ivalice α-1.2

The adorable little furballs from Final Fantasy are here!

1. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

MogTheMoogle submitted a new mod:

The Moogles of Ivalice - Kupo-po! We're finally in Starbound!

Read more about this mod...

notanaccount2 likes this.
  2. Testamentexe

Testamentexe Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not a fan of FF since I never really played the games but I'll look forward to messing around with this in a run once it gets up and going

3. Khioni

4. Khioni

5. Khioni

Seems like the mech update broke my character- his mech got locked up, and when I tried to failquest the mechunlock thing to re-unlock the mech, HE SPAWNED IN THE AREA WITHOUT THE MECH... You WILL need a new character, even though it doesn't directly brick your Moogle characters.

Not sure if I completely glitched something up...
    (If that's the case, then any help on what I screwed up that glitches the mechs to not work on Moogles would be appreciated!)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  6. Khioni

7. Khioni

Pulled Infdev 1.2.0 'cause of that fatal glitch. Hopefully it's fixed in Infdev 1.2.1, so your Moogles should be fine now (but pre-1.2.1 Moogles will likely have their mechs infected by The Glitch)

8. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a fellow moogle enthusiast, I'll have to look at this one.
    I mean, I already have the Viera mod, what's one more FF race going to do to my game?
    i mean, hopefully nothing...

Khioni likes this.
  9. Khioni

Better back up your saves, then.
    Disclaimer: I'm NOT responsible for you having to wipe your saves or other such things 'cause of a glitch in this mod. It IS Infdev, after all. There's definitely a glitch hiding somewhere, and lots of things are under construction or need better stuff (the furniture set is placeholder, and I need to SOMEHOW obtain better Moogle sounds for the hitsounds/chatsounds)

10. voiditect

Should I back up everything or just my player saves?

11. Khioni

Everything, incase something really "kupo" manages to happen that really messes everything up.

12. Khioni

Oh, and I added the screencaps for the mechs. Upgrade / Ultima look very similar for now- only difference is that the light glows brighter on the Ultima mech.

13. voiditect

So...
    Played for a while, Interesting mod, however, the appearance of the moogles themselves leaves a bit to be desired.
    My suggestions:
    • Make the moogles shorter. Maybe have their ears be the remaining head of hitbox? adjust sprites to make up for htis. Add invisible clothes.
    • Bigger pom-poms.
    • I was seriously not sure what their wings were for a while. Maybe make them flap a little?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. Khioni

15. Khioni

• I've been trying to figure out how I'd make 'em shorter. (If someone knows how to dodge the seemingly hardcoded stuff that is the placement of their arms / head, then that info'd be perfect.)
    As for the invisible clothes- mods exist for that already. I COULD pull an Avali and separate their armor sprites from the actual armor that gives the stats, meaning the Mog Knight set doesn't need 10 duplicate sets with literally no difference other than accent color, and said Mog Knight tunic could actually change colors instead of only changing the plating, not to mention the armor sets would be the invisible clothes.

Another sidenote- there's a reason that all racemods have roughly the same placement / size as the default player models, even if parts of them differ so much from default like Avali do.

This part of the update to the sprites will likely come way later into the development and only if I (or someone that knows how to and is willing to help with it) figure out how to change stuff like arm placement, as that'd practically be required to make the sprites shorter without having them look weird or having glitched body parts.
    People don't seem to have a problem with the Avali being the same size as normal players, so I frankly don't see what's so wrong about having normal player-size Moogles.

• Hm. I'll see how I can make a bigger, fluffier pom-pom look good in the sprites.
    • They flap a bit in the jump animation (hard to notice) I'll see what I can do for the wings- I once tried having one draw on each side but it glitched out (it would've drawn over the back arm). Once again, I gotta figure out some things. As has been mentioned quite often, this project of mine is still in Infdev, so things are very likely to change.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  16. Khioni

Plans for Infdev 1.3.0 / "The Player Sprite Update":
    • Adjust the player sprites (Within limits... Sorry, but unless I can find a way to make it so the arms render lower than usual, I won't be able to make them shorter than usual!).
    • Make it so armor is seperate from the cosmetic items a la Avali mod to allow the Mog Knight's plated tunic to be used from the start, and with its true colors (as plating wouldn't need to have chunks reflecting the armor set's tier). This would also make room for if I ever manage to find a way to make the Moogles shorter than usual, as I wouldn't need to redo 10 armor sets that people usually cover up anyways. The base armor would effectively become its own "Invisible Clothes" as a result, so Moogles will be losing their helmets being part of the Mog Knight set.
    This update will replace armor with invisible sprites a la Avali mod, which means you're gonna want to make the Mog Knight set afterwards if you wish to keep the Mog Knight's scalemail tunic on, and helmets will be vanished.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  17. voiditect

I'll help any way I can.

18. Khioni

MogTheMoogle updated The Moogles of Ivalice with a new update entry:

Player Sprite Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  19. Khioni

Glitch Killer - Clothing Fixes

20. Khioni

Furniture Patch

Maybe if I make the icons (like on the flags and banners) the crystals from FF? But what to do for the rest of the furniture?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018