Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Guess so. I did hear it had problems on computers with non nvidia graphics cards.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

I have all of the available Nep games, aside from the PS3 original trilogy.

So for Vita I have:
    Re;Birth 1
    Re;Birth 2
    Re;Birth 3
    Producing Perfection
    Hyperdevotion Noire
    Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
    Megatagmention Blanc + Neptune vs Zombies

I also have Megadimension Neptunia V-II

What do I win? Is it pudding?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Not a contest friend, just a place for us to share our love of Neptunia. Besides, Compa made pudding for everyone. *gives pudding*

Megumin and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Oh i know, i just really enjoy the games and characters. Unfortunately I wont be able to get the new one when it comes out, dont have any money for it currently.

*noms pudding*

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Kaede Grimwater

I am currently unable to get V-II, my PC isn't strong enough to run it. I am quite worried though...I am in the minority here, but I think Re;Birth3 is shit, the gameplay is excellent, but everything else makes me wish the game didn't exist, I am worried that V-II might be more of the same.

Megumin, MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  6. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

V-II was my favorite in the series so far actually. It had some of the best characters in Gold Third and I really liked Uzume Tennouboshi. Part of the problem is you're going to get it on PC, which from what I've heard, is a really sub-par port.

As far as gameplay mechanics though, the combat system in V-II is tweaked again from how it was in Rebirth 3. It actually works out well, and makes it so you actually have to think about how you chain your combos instead of just spamming the best move over and over.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Kaede Grimwater

I don't really have a choice but to get it for PC, I don't own a PS4. I am more worried about the story though, almost all the ports have their issues, but the story and handling of characters is what concerns me. Like I said I am in the minority here, but I think Re;Birth3 had a awesome potential story...that was wasted. Don't even get me started on Re;Birth3's character handling.

It is good to hear some thought goes into the combat, spamming objectively better moves was a downpoint for me.

8. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

The story for V-II is a very interesting one, in that the entire game is composed of three stories that are independent, but still all link together.

Honestly I think it's handled very well.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Kaede Grimwater

well you certainly give me hope.

I don't know how this happened, but it is very unpleasant.
    V
    [​IMG]

10. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

I have to say, it's very weird seeing that screenshot with xbox button prompts.

One thing that's also really good about combat in V-II is that there are more monster designs, and even the old ones have a lot more detail.

Also, elemental attacks actually matter in the game too. There was one boss in the game about mid way i had terrible trouble with, and it turned out he was nearly immune to physical attacks, and the only character i had equipped with skills that could damage him was Compa.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  11. Kaede Grimwater

It always had those prompts, even before I got a controller. The point is there is only suppose to be one of those, however the game bugged or something and spawned lots of them.

12. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Well I mean, I've played all the games on playstation systems, so I'm used to the prompts being the triangle, circle, square, and X buttons.

Bad luck with the multi-whale spawns. They can be some of the tankiest enemies too.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Kaede Grimwater

I do so miss the playstation.

That tankiness is especially apparent in Action Unleashed.

You seem like a fun person, I hope my thread will bring more Neptunia fans. A place for us Nep fans to call home on these forums, and a place for us all to make friends.

14. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

Ahhh, sweet thanks! I dont have many folks to talk about the Neptune games with around where I live, and the other message boards I go to are rather hostile about them. It's nice to find a place to discuss it peacefully.

15. Kaede Grimwater

You are among friends here. The growing Neptunia community on these forums is what motivated me to make this thread.

Megumin, MilkCalf, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  16. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

In any case, i'm going to go pass out, it's really late for me now. You take care. Talking to you has made me want to go back and actually play the games again, something to work on tomorrow.

Jimlad 42 and Kaede Grimwater like this.
  17. Kaede Grimwater

Take care and sleep well. c:

18. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Alright, I need an opinion... Or several hundred.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/496810/
    Should I even? I'm reluctant because zombies.
    I'm still salty after Konami decided to make Metal Gear Survive, so I need some advice before I do anything... irrational. :)

Jimlad 42 and Kaede Grimwater like this.
  19. Sabram

Sabram Starship Captain

The game is really campy. I have it and it's a lot of fun. The zombies are even more cartoony than the ones in Plants Vs Zombies.

20. Kaede Grimwater

I have been interested in that one, good to see it come to steam. It certainly looks good and it even has multiplayer.

I wonder if I can even run it....

Megumin, Jimlad 42 and Inf_Wolf14 like this.