1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Nightars (Revived) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Races' started by AbsoluteXeroEX, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

2. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXero updated The Nightars (Revived) with a new update entry:

First update (Woo, progress!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Saint Apollyon

Saint Apollyon Phantasmal Quasar

Love the equipment in the new update! Only issue is that you added it to all of the shiplocker treasure pools- Not that I'm terribly upset, but yaknow.

4. AbsoluteXeroEX

Looking at the file, I see where I messed up. THIS SHALL BE RECTIFIED, AND THE MISCREANT RESPONSIBLE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Wait...

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  5. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

also all the leg items are specified as being pants and so in the castle mission I found one or two tier 1 and 2 guards without them.
    otherwise I found no problems so far and its looking great! I really enjoyed the sprites and especially the weapons.

6. AbsoluteXeroEX

7. AbsoluteXeroEX

Odd, I haven't changed anything quest-wise, and the only updates I made to the armor pieces was just descriptions. I'll look into it, though!

8. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

As I said on the Steam Workshop version, it's good to see someone else picking up the torch on this. If you start thinking about doing a lore rewrite after all the bugs and compatibility issues are fixed AbsoluteXero I wouldn't mind tossing you my notes from when I was planning to do my own Nightar revival and lore rewrite mod.

AbsoluteXeroEX likes this.
  9. AbsoluteXeroEX

Once I get some of the newer things about the core fixed, we should definitely trade notes for the lore!

10. Ancev Caine

Certainly! Feel free to drop me a PM whenever you want, or if you'd prefer I can post them publicly here for fan debate.

11. Hirotsukiro

Hirotsukiro Void-Bound Voyager

Apparently there's a compatibility issue with FU. Has that been already fixed?

12. Zamboozle

Zamboozle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've followed this mod for a long time, and was really disappointed when the original dev dropped it (even though there would be continued functionality support), so I'm really glad to see it being picked up!
    Also, I was wondering if you were considering adding some support for unique racial dialogue like the vanilla races do? And if so, I'd absolutely love to help!

13. AbsoluteXeroEX

Hello all! My sincerest apologies for lack of dialog. I haven't dropped this mod or its support by any means, I've simply just been a bit busy with a new job and other projects that were left on the back-burner. I'll be providing an update for the RAR download later today; Steam users are encouraged to download the Workshop version, as it is the most up-to-date. I will go ahead and let you know ahead of time that you WILL encounter some errors regarding a particular object and a recipe file in your logs, but so long as you don't try to admin-spawn the bad object, gameplay should not be affected. I also fixed an issue where the vanilla race's ships were being a bit glitchy due to the way I had the starting items configured. As for FU compatibility, I'll need to speak with the FU devs to sort that out at a later point in time. I'm glad you're all still showing interest and keeping it up; please give the talented @iMisterX some love for coming up with this mod in the first place!

Drig insarcol and Saint Apollyon like this.
  14. AbsoluteXeroEX

Patch 0.3.5.9

15. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

I'm curious have you already made a village for them? if not are you planning to and if so will it be underground in planets with life (lush, forest, ect) or will it be something from fraklin universe (penumbra or darkness planets)?

16. AbsoluteXeroEX

As of yet, I don't have a thorough understanding of village/planet generation, nor do I know to what extent and/or how FU changes things; I'll have to get a separate installation up and running with FU to get a better understanding of it, but I also have other projects that are taking up my time as well, so updates will be slow. I'll try and delve deeper into it when I can and update accordingly! I initially wanted to do a unique take on midnight planets with underground Nightar settlements, but also thought it a bit cliche; I may do it anyways, though. I plan on getting some custom clothing options done as well so that they're not as reliant on Glitch-style basic clothing.

17. Ancev Caine

It does fit their lore, though, whether you use iMisterX's or my attempt at a rewrite. If you step back and look at them quite a bit about the Nightars is a little cliche, but that's part of what makes them fun to play.

18. AbsoluteXeroEX

This is true.

19. AbsoluteXeroEX

Small Patch

20. AbsoluteXeroEX

Stuff!