1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Nightars (Revived) [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Races' started by AbsoluteXeroEX, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbsoluteXeroEX

AbsoluteXeroEX Phantasmal Quasar

AbsoluteXero updated The Nightars (Revived) with a new update entry:

Hotfix v0.4.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

Hmm... There are a lot of errors but none of them say exception thrown.

3. Joseph K

Do you know how to make the Wraith not full-bright and take away it's glow? That would make it a little more unique and a lot more scary.

4. AbsoluteXeroEX

Hey, @Senpai Deviljo! You asked about custom villages for the Nightars, aye? I'm working on one to fit in with the new biome I added not too long ago, so you're in luck! Stay tuned for updates, my friend!

5. AbsoluteXeroEX

Assistance and Feedback Needed!

Hello, everyone! I hope you're all enjoying the new bits I've added to the mod thus far. I wanted to take a moment and touch base with you all and get some feedback from you guys, as well as see if anyone would like to volunteer their time in its development (more on that later.)

Specifically, I'd like to know what all you would like to see regarding overall content, missions, other features, etc.; I know the biome was something of a huge update (at least compared to the other updates I've done), but I want it to have more meaning than just "Oh hey, a new feature", or otherwise like a mere 'add-on' for lack of a better term. While there's no wrong way to play Starbound, I picked this up with the mentality of wanting to add more integrity to the overall story, possibly as something of an end-game mechanic AFTER the ruin; a "calm before the storm" type of scenario. But, I'm rambling.

I want to know what everyone's thoughts are with general feedback, critiques, and ideas for new content to fit with the theme of the Nightars! And, as previously mentioned, looking for volunteers or anyone who would be interested in committing to the development of this mod! Specifically, I'm looking for anyone interested in:

• QA / bug testing
    • Spriting (specifically, hair styles and clothing/armor)
    • General content creation/revamp

PM me for more details if anyone is interested!

Oh, and one more thing, and this is more for the 'character creation' aspect: I'm currently mulling the idea of getting the unused brands to working order. However, with the character creation UI having set elements and limited distribution of custom properties, it would require fusing it with another custom element of the Nightars' customization features; namely, eye color. Would you rather leave it as is with the facial branding unused, or would you all be okay with seeing the eye color bits fused with the branding? Please note that if we go with the latter, each eye color option will be tied to a specific facial brand (it's the only way to get it to work).

Anyways... COMMENCE THE BEATIN- er... DISCUSSION!

6. Joseph K

I'm interested in the general content sort of thing, if you figured out how to make the Noxium Wraith sprite not have any black can you post it?

7. Joseph K

Maybe the final boss can be the NIghtar Dragon wanting to avenge it's master, or simply going rogue.

8. AbsoluteXeroEX

Well, if we're going to have space dragons, I wanna do one complete with bleeding eardrums from its screeching.
    You know, like: "I SHALL NOW SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE."
    - Ridley-X, Metroid Fusion

9. Joseph K

I was rating the next version.

10. AbsoluteXeroEX

A LOT of work has been done here.

11. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know if something i have is making this mod incompatible but every time i try to install the recent version. It crashes my game from start up.

12. AbsoluteXeroEX

Can you post a copy of your log file after trying to run it?

13. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Here's my log and sorry for the late reply.

Attached Files:

14. AbsoluteXeroEX

No worries, and thanks!

Judging from what I've looked at thus far, there are some trace elements of an unknown bug from the last update I pushed to Steam caught up in this as well. Namely, for some reason, it keeps throwing an error for 'scorchedcityfridge' and duplicate material ID 3602, both of which I've had looked at by others and confirmed that there was no reason that my mod should have been throwing that. You also have some asset errors from another mod as well, and I think the compounding errors finally made SB just give up on loading.

The bit with the duplicate material ID is a bit of a hit-or-miss, though; some people have the latest version and don't have issues, while others do, and I'm not quite sure why, since I know for a fact I don't have any duplicates of either of those assets. I'll try and get a fresh copy up soon with some new updates, though!

15. AbsoluteXeroEX

Nightfort Mission and new bits

16. AbsoluteXeroEX

Hotfix v0.4.41

17. AbsoluteXeroEX

Added new bugs to be fixed later

Joseph K likes this.
  18. Joseph K

xD

19. AbsoluteXeroEX

Small Update

20. AbsoluteXeroEX

So, I know it's been a LONG time since I posted anything. I haven't stopped working on the mod, but I've been pre-occupied with another project that I'd left on the back-burner for years. I don't foresee a break from my current project, but I'll try and get some updates in on the mod when I can.

Saint Apollyon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.