1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Selachii 1.2.1

Adds the shark-like Selachii race to the game!

1. Ihuicatl

Ihuicatl Yeah, You!

Ihuicatl submitted a new mod:

The Selachii - Adds the shark-like Selachii race to the game!

Read more about this mod...

2. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks interesting, though I'd prefer almost ANY other name, given what a massive (insert 30-minute string of profanity) L. Ron. Hubbard was.

3. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Blaze69 had nothing to do with this, did he? just wondering because... reasons.

4. NaturesWitness

No, but the the Selachii are a species from "Battlefield Earth", a book by Hubbard. And come to think of it, the guys in the book were assholes too. Considering the description he's giving this race seems to be of a non-asshole nature, a different name might be more fitting.

5. Ihuicatl

Ihuicatl Yeah, You!

I'm afraid to say I don't know who Blaze69 is, and I haven't read any of Hubbard's works.
    I must admit I'm a little surprised to hear that someone would use that name in a novel, especially since I felt lazy using it for this mod.
    (In detail; Selachii is the scientific name for the super order commonly referred to as sharks. Yeah, I pulled it from wikipedia. I'm not going to claim my story writing/naming is any good, but I wanted something simple that referred back to their shark-like nature.)

I do feel it's perhaps a little bit vague to try and label them wholly as "assholes" or "not assholes", as there are many of them, and not all of them are nice.

6. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Blaze69 is not on this site... i believe, but if you do find out eventually who he is, you will see why i instantly figured out he could have been involved in this.

7. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Seems there's a bit of an issue with the mod. Decided to add it to my server to give it a shot. D:

[02:54:47.634] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /npcs/friendlyguard.npctype.patch in source: ..\mods\selachii.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key 'selachii' in non-object type in pathApply("/scriptConfig/dialog/hail/selachii")

8. Ihuicatl

Ihuicatl Yeah, You!

Ihuicatl updated The Selachii with a new update entry:

The Selachii, now with FU BYOS support!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Addendum: (Lets edit this instead of double posting.)
    I took a look into that error. I wasn't getting it, but the part that was throwing the error wasn't even being used. So that should be gone now!
    Tenant guards should also look the part now. At least a little bit.

9. NaturesWitness

Hmm, didn't know Selachii was an actual thing. Well, I guess it's an OK name then.

10. Ihuicatl

Ihuicatl Yeah, You!

Kinda obscure but yes, it's a thing. I think?

Anyways, real quick bugfix for anyone wondering why there's now a 1.2.1 barely a few hours after 1.2 dropped.
    I made a bit of a goof and put in an item that didn't exist, found a quest npc walking around without a shirt. Seemed like a fairly big mistake to make so I've put up an emergency patch for anyone who wants it.

11. fgenesis

fgenesis Space Spelunker

This mod breaks the random quest generator. Relevant part of the log attached:

EDIT: While not directly visible in the log, I've tracked it down to this mod. Once it's removed, the errors do no longer occur.

[Info] Quest generator broke: [string "/scripts/questgen/pools.lua"]:190: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected,got string)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '_ENV.pairs'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/pools.lua"]:190: in upvalue 'loadPool'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/pools.lua"]:219: in method 'index'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/pools.lua"]:233: in function <[string "/scripts/questgen/pools.lua"]:231>
    (...tail calls...)
    [string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:86: in method 'generate'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:951: in method 'generateAssignments'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:1041: in method 'achieveTerm'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:1100: in function <[string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:1100>
    (...tail calls...)
    [string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:1098: in method 'achieveGoal'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/planner.lua"]:1138: in method 'generatePlan'
    [string "/scripts/questgen/generator.lua"]:195: in function <[string "/scripts/questgen/generator.lua"]:190>
    (...tail calls...)
    [string "/scripts/questgen/generator.lua"]:33: in function <[string "/scripts/questgen/generator.lua"]:23>
    (...tail calls...)
    [string "/scripts/questgen/generator.lua"]:522: in function <[string "/scripts/questgen/generator.lua"]:518>
    (...tail calls...)