Race The splurgs (Exotic, pink and stinky playable race)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vincey, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Would you like Splurgs as a playable race?

1. Why not!

67 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. Hell no!

17 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. I don't want my spaceship to stink!

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Hi, I'm new on the forum and I've seen the suggestion page so I decided to post my entry: THE SPLURGS!
    Well, you can call them stinky pinkies too if you want. (I'm updating this page often, so stay tuned!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So yeah, I'm not really good at drawing with MS Paint but on the right you can have a bigger view of them. They have 4 extendable eyes, kind of like a slug's and it breaths and eats from two openings on its belly, you can see it open and close in the speaking animation. Their legs joints are reverted compared to ours (was kind of hard to make the animation here, might be worked on). And of course, they're so lovely because they're all pink. They have two genders, the two of wich are barely distinguishable from the outside. Here, have more sprites:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I'll just describe who they are a bit... (I don't wanna tell too much because I want the developers to make what they want out of it). I see them as beings that are very different physically and chemicaly than most antropoids you'd usually encounter. I thought of them as being affectuous and generous, but at the same time, they're so stinky that most races would run when they get any close. That has made their relationship with other aliens quite hard, in fact, some species shoot them at sight.

They come from the planet Splurgia, a tentacle biome planet on which they've evolved as sentient being a few milion years ago. They are very good at team work, therefore, they have built gigantic cities on the surface of the planet on which their society thrives. They've been in the spage age for 5 millenia now and they've established small colonies here and there. But their expansion is still limited as most aliens dislike them as they stink alot and are belong many...Well...Ugly.

But in any case, they're mostly peaceful and loving creatures, but they will fight to defend that peace if necessary. They also make excellent scientists as they have a perfect memory and think quite fast. Beside their seemingly gelly skin, they're quite resistant and they regenerate quickly when injured, they can even grow back limbs! So for their intelligence and resistance, they make really good allies if you put aside the smell.

The Splurgs breed by their genital organs that are located on their butt, so they stick together butt-to-butt in order to reproduce. As mentionned, the two genders look pretty much the same.

------

Their politics are similar to the one in Britain. They're democratic, yet they have a queen or a king on top of it all, mostly in a symbolic way. The concept of monarchy remained since nobody seemed to truly care about their presence out the fact that they are quite abusively luxurious. They make good publicity and do no pain, so they decided to keep it that way as a reminder of their history and since they were of no harm. The king or queen have a right to give its veto. In fact, by using its veto, King Larsus, in years 1670 BC, managed to neutralize the corruption in the government back then by applying his veto to many bills.and thus saved the Splurgs to go through dark days. His portrait remains in the royal castle of Splurgia as a reminder.

Kings and Queen are not a single family that give the title to its descendant, kings and queens got their title because they did good actions in the society of their time and were brought to the throne by the people themselves. The actual Queen in the history is Smerald, she was promoted to the rank of Queen for her good actions around the planet.

-----

To make it simple, I made the Splurgs because I wanted a truly exotic race, one that does not look like anyone, and that does not look close to a human, beside the fact its a biped. I wanted it to look as alien as possible, yet, to be able to play it and making it wear armors and hold a gun. Also, I wanted something different from the usual "badassitude" that some races have. I wanted something with a touch of humor and kindness and not just brutal bloody intentions.

The universe needs a pink smelly smart buddy.

Anyway thanks for reading and pleeeeeease, do share! I'd really want to play as a Splurg! Don't you?

PS: If you can do better drawings than me, please do post one! I'm only good to do the sprites. *I did all the sheet in 2 hours by myself by the way*

-> I got bad news from a developper, she said the Splurg would probably not fit in the game since its legs joints are reverted. They got the same set of armor for every races so all of them need the same morphology, sadly. The only thing we can truly play with is hairs and aesthetic. I am slightly disapoint.

[​IMG]
    Here's a Splurg in its natural environment.

2. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

I'm revolted.
    And I can see a "kill on sight" order on certain planets for these things.
    You're also gunna need more depth to these things if you want to have a chance of playing as one of these things.

Jappards likes this.
  3. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

More depth... you mean, talk more about who they are?

4. Alternal

Well a lot of that, get some history down, Lore, their technology and the like.
    You need to sell a playable race! Look at the Avians for example, they are humanoid tribal bird people, with primitive weaponry enhanced by futuristic tech; that's pretty awesome.
    Basically what I'm getting at is: Why would someone want to play as this?

5. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Made it a bit better. Do add criticism if you want. In fact, I would appreciate it!

6. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

That's the point. I wanted it to be truly alien.

1029chris and Squiddy like this.
  7. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

You think they would not include it since its legs are bent the other way and its head ellongated? That would suck...

WoxandWarf likes this.
  8. Alternal

hmmm. See I think one issue with the design is the reverse-jointed legs. Now I'm not saying they're bad, I think reverse joints are wicked cool.
    But the issue I see the Devs having is that they'de need to reposition all of the armours in the game just for this race.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  9. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Then why don't we make more races like that? I mean cmon, do we really want only humanoid aliens or do we want REAL aliens?

Omegagreen, Squiddy and Khood like this.
  10. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

questions.......how do it ....breed........? Sorry I sort of got the "WTF" moments utterly, Which I am having two chaos arguing in my brain joint (Whatever do, do not ask whats is brain joint).
    One moment...*walks away and gone into the kitchen and came back* Lemme sprinkle some salt them on them, if they are slug, then they are going to BURN BECAUSE THEY ARE PINK! Why they can't come blue, red or whatever wtf color could be?

11. seelcudooom

seelcudooom Subatomic Cosmonaut

doesent seem like a good idea for a playable race, they just dont seem like they would fit
    as an npc race though i can see that

12. Dagorlad

Dagorlad Subatomic Cosmonaut

I find it interesting that the moment someone here suggests a race that isn't a re-skinned human with fancy ears, that everyone tries to shoot it down, vehicles are a non-issue since you'd only see the head and shoulders from the cockpit, armor-wise didn't the devs say that each race would have it's own armors and they wouldn't be available to players/NPCs of other races save for a few special items?

Squiddy and Vincey like this.
  13. seelcudooom

seelcudooom Subatomic Cosmonaut

they said the armour would be diffrent at the start but it is mostly cosmetic and can be traded and used by anyone, and you can learn other races types later on

14. Khood

Khood Contact!

They're ugly. They're hideous. I like 'em. PUT 'EM IN I SAY.

Squiddy and Vincey like this.
  15. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

im sorry..but as soon as i heard "pink and gooey"
    [​IMG]
    you did the sprite very well in mspaint btw

16. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Well, its just the legs that are a problem, they could just put them normal legs. In fact, I mostly like them for their sluggy face and their pink color. They can just keep at that and do whatever they want with the rest. I won't be offended if it's mashed-up. In any case, I'll be working on more sprites of playable races if anybody is interested.

Squiddy likes this.
  17. 568.gif
    THAT'S. WHY.:saywhat:

Squiddy, Kalvuric, KruczekIIV and 5 others like this.
  18. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I really like the races that differ from the basic template, as most of the ones that fit the template look like recolored humans.

Dagorlad and Vincey like this.
  19. Vincey

Vincey Big Damn Hero

Thank you, I share the exact same opinion my friend. That's why I work on such alien sprites. I hope that our voice will be heard.

20. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

One thing I wonder is that alot of drago's sprite don't fit the template, but people don't really complain about that.
    (No offense to dragonith))