1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Stars My Destination - Sword and Spells 0.2.5c & 0.2.6b(NIGHTLY)

A sword you can do Combo, A wand you can do Magic

1. hythl0day

hythl0day Subatomic Cosmonaut

Then what's your idea on this? Maybe let the sword tech can restore some energy when you need just like Mage tech does? Or instead of drain ALL energy, make it a cap, like lock 75% of the energy when you out of battle?

Or, instead of energy, let them consume some new resource or items(however I still don't know how to achieve this by code)?

=========================================

And I just have a new idea.
    Let the swordmaster's tech have a function to restore energy, but it requires you to stand still and take a few seconds, then you can not use this method in a battle.
    And you can have energy anytime when you need.

==========================================

The mod's direction is still a bit vague to me, I need some new idea.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. hythl0day

hythl0day updated The Stars My Destination - Sword and Spells with a new update entry:

0.2.5c & 0.2.6b

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Wow_Space

Wow_Space Void-Bound Voyager

Here's my proposement on the sword tech. Some of which are re-mentioned from your ideas

• Press F for some kind of movement ability
    • Press G for a special attack depending on which sword you have
    • Press H to recharge energy at a high rate but unable to move. This or give some kind of special buff
    • Successful attacks recharge energy
    • Normal energy recharge works as normal except recharge rate is around 50% slower. IMO, not necessary
    • Enable the combos even without the tech but increase the energy requirement by a ton if they were to not have the tech
    And here's some random tips. Limited "ammo" for weapons like the scroll consumables are kinda quirky. You shouldn't have to restrain the player of the fun and content you created just to balance things; only do so if it adds better and fun gameplay, but balance is still important. And remember these techs take the head slot so try to let it use the tech keys (F, G, and H).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. Shinime Unknow

Shinime Unknow Void-Bound Voyager

i don't want to farm the essence someone can give me the way to spawnitem them?if i can?

5. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

/spawnitem soulessences

Also, on the nightly only version, the assassin quest place ( in front of him?) doesn't open.

Another thing, does it binds the character to the mod, or permanently attaches any scripts on them? If so, how could I deal with it using a software like notepad++ (because quests/codex editing aren't working on starcheat).

6. hythl0day

the item name for these essence is "essence_red", "essence_white", "essence_green", "essence_blue"

/admin
    /spawnitem essence_red 50 **** say you want 50 red essence ore
    /admin **** to quit admin mode, this mode will stay turn on even if you quit the game, so always remember to turn it off when you don't want to use it any more

7. hythl0day

The door in front of the character is not the entrance but the exit.

The entrance is somewhere more covert(just go to the Avian's house and pay attention to the structure underground, you'll find it.)

For your last question, I don't quite understand what do you want, I never used starcheat, what exactly do you want to edit/cheat?

8. baconsama25

Ohh, I wasn't interested in the mage path for that character so I turned back on that place quickly, but thanks! I'll look into it.

It's not to cheat, rather I'm just trying to find a way to clean a scripts from a mod that were bound to a character save. Imagine a mod that, despite being well coded gets discontinued and breaks the save in a new stable version, which already happened to me once. When I open the player file with notepad++ it's somewhat legible, so maybe it could be used to wipe out old scripts or to force the game to scan and clean them? I'm not too much of a roleplayer, but even so it sucks to lose a character that you played long enough.

Either way, I'll look for bugs to help you when I play in the nightly version , it's a very promissing mod ( and seems quite well made ) but still too early to put into my stable folder.

9. hythl0day

I don't think there's any script binding to the player save file except for the TECH.
    To remove this mod, only thing should be reminded is to uninstall the tech(or change to vanilla ones).
    I myself tried play with this mod and delete the modpak directly and no error occurred (those mod items of course would turn into PGI)
    And I think backup your whole "giraffe_storage" folder before any install/uninstall is much easier.

10. baconsama25

It is, but sometimes it's only gives a problem after installed and a good while after the latest backup.

And I didn't mean your mod, I meant in overall, i.e. frackin universe or starbound side stories. They're great modders but you never know when their work might get discontinued. I hope some form of script cleaning is implemented in the vanilla someday.

11. Shinime Unknow

Shinime Unknow Void-Bound Voyager

thank you ^^

12. JesusBillyChrist

JesusBillyChrist Phantasmal Quasar

HEY DID YOU KNOW THIS GETS RID OF WORLD GENERATED NPC??????

13. hythl0day

Normally this happens when you are using the wrong version(nightly/stable) of modpak, so plz check it to be sure.

If the modpak is correct yet you still get that error, give me your game log so I can find out what's wrong with your game.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    JesusBillyChrist likes this.
  14. yenilmez

yenilmez Orbital Explorer

Can you make sword a little bit powerful like tier 6 sword could be 28 or 30 instead of 24 and can you list all the combos for swords not just the new ones all of them Pls

15. hythl0day

the higher level sword's combo is inherited from lower's. so it is all there. so the tier6 have 5 combo(includes all the combos of others)

16. Wyvrn101

Wyvrn101 Master Chief

I'm Having trouble uninstalling without the game crashing

17. DemiGODeath

DemiGODeath Void-Bound Voyager

18. DruidicSymphonies6713

DruidicSymphonies6713 Astral Cartographer

I need help! I killed the swordsman!!! AND IT WONT COME BACK!!!

19. ThatEmoGuy

ThatEmoGuy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, just wanna say good job on the mod and all, but will this mod have the potential to have any broadsword work with the Swordsman tech or will it be limited to "The Sword" only?
    PS. this is not a request, just a question, just wanna say great job on this mod again, expecting great things from this in the future.

20. Doomsday18

Doomsday18 Void-Bound Voyager

EVERY TIME I GET ON EVERY NPC IN THE DAM GAME IS DEAD!!!! D:<
    :nurumad: