Race the Thia

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by creca, Dec 31, 2015.

?

is this a good race idea?

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. with improvements, maybe

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

history/lore [less outdated] :
    from a place most cannot remember, the Thia were born, they started like many species, organic, small, weak, frightened. and they were nearing extinction because of the nearing death of their star started a massive global cool down, then, a being decided to assist them, there are many differentiating descriptions and theorys behind this "helper". what is known is that this being bestowed very advanced technology upon them around the time they gained sentience, around the same time that the sol system was forming, then, around the time the guardians were founded, there was first contact with the other races, at this point, their tech was advanced to the point where it seemed like they were gods among us, some reject this notion, others embrace it

biology/augmentation:
    they have an odd biology, mainly because all of their tech is synthesized from their flesh and the "helper`s" tech combined, so its pretty difficult to tell where the body ends and the clothing begins, but what is attached/already there are three pairs of flaps/wings (useless, they just kinda float about 1/3 of a meter above the ground at all times) two on the head, four on the body, some parts of the body just float, others are firmly attached, and they have different shaped head flaps on different individuals, there are no genders for Thia, and their method of reproduction is, dubious at best, there is very little known about that.

tech:
    they are at an unknown age, one that most others cannot define
    their tech is very ancient, yet futuristic, much like the gates, most of it is multipurpose, adding a blueprint of a weapon simply takes pixles and allows the current weapon to take a new shape

relations/personality:
    there is a large divide within the species, one half decides to use the other species religious beliefs to present themselves as gods, others try and disprove themselves as deitys, this creates split relations:

apex: the minikenog distrust the Thia thanks to the fact that the pro god ones inspire disobedience and rebellion in their followers

avien: beloved because the avens believe the Thia are children of kulex (the wings help a lot in this) the non god Thia are hated because of their denial of this

floran: florans dont understand them and their power, and therefor fear their wrath

glitch: glitch view both groups as witchcraft and attempt to kill any that they see

humans: religious humans approve/worship the god Thia, and atheist approve of non god Thia

hylotl: no opinion about either group

novakid: no opinion is formed about either group

art/sprites:

[​IMG]
    wings folded version

[​IMG]
    newer, better ship idea

[​IMG]
    old ship concept

[​IMG] sprite , made by me

anything i should add? if so, please respond

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. Fairy Pinkett

Fairy Pinkett Void-Bound Voyager

This sounds amazing! Maybe instead of 'jumping' the Thia instead float upward slowly and can drift downward, the rates being influenced by a planets gravity. Aka where your jump would be reduced - they can't float as high.
    To float you would hold space.
    and to fall you just release! Techs like the uhm.. was it rocket boots? can't remember the name
    Would improve this function and give them additional lift at the END of their base float. Giving this class the feeling of eternally flying/floating.

The sprite is nice. Your large art make them look .. awkward? but your sprite makes it seem like an evolved bug.
    For weapons they seem like the type to specialize in probably ranged weaponry, like the gas fart race.

3. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

that sounds like an excellent idea for a jumping mechanic
    as for the consept, i was going for something which would seem anchent/godlike, but i do like the irony that it looks buglike
    and as for tech, i was thinking lazer/plasma/??? weponry

4. Fairy Pinkett

I would actually suggest going with the bug concept.
    Have them be an ancient race that the floran fear. They feast off of plants and devour them. They don't care much for flesh, but they love the sweet nectar of plants. Enable floran to have a race that they truly fear but have it stated that this race, your race, was on the brink of
    going extinct if it was not for the 'god' that gave your race its tech.

How does that sound?

5. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

floran fearing them sounds pretty good, as for going full bug, i might just keep it at its current type, trying to go for god+bug
    and for near extintion, nice thought, simple animals who where going to die being turned into practical demigods, thanks for the suggestion

6. Fairy Pinkett

The only reason I suggested the bug thing is that, most of the races tend to have something they resemble. Avian's.. birds..
    Humans are well humans. Florans are plants. Apex are.. Uh.. Yeah. Hypaltjaslouhw(can'tspell their name.) are that little water creature that resembles a mudkip. :rofl:

7. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

i know, and novakid are based off stars
    and the thia do look plenty buglike in my opinion, sorry, but i had a very hard time producing the art i currently have (not the best with a computer, im pretty good with pencil however) but i currently like how they currently look, thainks for the suggestion, but i must respectfully decline

8. Fairy Pinkett

^_^ No problem, Might I ask what type of biome do they feel the most at home with?

9. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

probibly the ruins, gate, or star baked planets

10. Fairy Pinkett

ruins would be awesome for them, would match their theme. (The way you made them look.)

11. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

thanks, that was exactly what i was looking for

12. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

I love this idea for a race

13. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

thanks, i like it too, otherwise i would not have created them

PabloElPuas likes this.
  14. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

Do not thank your idea and hopefully continues to have this new breed Starbound

15. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

ok

16. Brainia

Brainia Void-Bound Voyager

LOVE the idea ,what kind of ship will they have (ancient or insectoid maybe alive)?

17. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

ancient, i have a possible sprite, although i might integrate living material into it
    man, ive GOT to work on sprites

18. Mango art

Mango art Starship Captain

I like this... I like this a lot...

19. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

thanks, im glad that you enjoy this idea

20. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

I think this is a wonderful idea, and since they are able to float\levitate they could be immune to fall damage, but be slightly more susceptible to most other forms of damage.
    This is awesome, if you can think of things like this, I'm sure you can convince enough people to want to add this to the game.

creca likes this.