The Thread of Randomness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

At least Elliot's got enough class to look the other way. :D

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I just got a fairy on day 1...

Spring1Fairy.jpg

That's enough parsnips to level up, but I loaded the file up to the Stardew-Predictor and there's no cabbage on the cart till winter. I'm going to think about it a bit and play a few days to see if it changes the spring strategy any.

One More Day likes this.
      • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Nice!

From here, I think your main priority from here is make good friends with the wizard ASAP, then go in his basement and change your character's hairstyle

In your spot I'd probably water the plots now, sell some straight to Pierre today to buy another 15 parsnips and slap those down last thing tonight after fishing. Save the rest of the money for extra bait tomorrow when it comes to buying the fiberglass rod. That way, this replacement set of parsnips are ready on day 6, and can be replaced immediately with potatoes, which will then still be harvested on 12th to sell for the egg festival

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I'm using Kisekae. Don't worry, she cleans up nice for gatherins.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Is it wrong that when I found out George was my Secret Santa (i.e. George was gifting to me) I was fully expecting it to be trash? It was a bottle of wine, but given how grumpy George acts all the time I was figuring he'd treat it with his usual attitude, lousy and give me something worthless.

The wine was a fine gift. Just wondering though...anyone gotten a gift that was "Well that was lousy"?

• Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

According to the wiki, the kids will sometimes give you a single clay. That seems to pretty clearly be the worst of the lot (barring situational gifts you don't need at the time, e.g., the tea set for someone who doesn't want to decorate with it).

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

My first Secret Santa gave me stone...

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

If I remember correctly, I think Vincent gave me Clay one year. It's pretty useless, but I didn't mind. I actually kind of thought it was adorable.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

It's probably a non-issue but better to see if this has happened with anyone else.

In the skull mines, there's a secret note that I can't reach (it's stuck in a little point area) so I had t abandon it. Will I be one secret note short because of the note I couldn't get or will that unknown note show up again?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The note should show up again. I once had a secret note fall into the water (before I installed a mod to help prevent that) and I was still able to complete the collection on that save.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Good to know!

"watching the reopening of the community center" (a few days after I actually completed it because the next two days were rain days) Seeing Marnie so ecstatic that it's reopen is reason enough to keep going the "CC route". I prefer the "let's be reasonable" because Pierre gets the community involved (and I'm fairly nonviolent) but it's fun either way. Just wish they could do something with the abandoned building...

• One More Day

Is there a word to describe the feeling when you've just got your greenhouse, you put that precious first ancient fruit through the seed maker......... and it turns into mixed seeds

Oh, and you did it at the end of the day, just before bedtime, instead of the beginning of the day

• Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

Despair, maybe? Frustration? Absolute fury? It depends.

I think I'd still take redoing that day over the mixed seeds.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Best day ever gathering the mine fish...
                              MineFish.jpg
                              Had 'em all in less than two hours. Stonefish on the fifth cast. Ice Pip on the first cast. Lava Eel on the fourth cast. Sometimes the RNG treats you better than you deserve. :D

Lorekeeper of Wyverns likes this.
                              • One More Day

asfadffsfklsdfklsfgk;ghak;df

Why do I always forget to plant an apricot sapling to get one for Emily's request

BentFX likes this.
                                • Rofo

Rofo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could also make a second shortcut to the game, One starts the game via steam and gets the achivements the other starts the game without steam achivements.

Install smapi and your mods, then update one of the launchers to launch smapi and leave the other alone.

Now you can play vanilla, or modded and not have to change anything.

• Rofo

Rofo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you started on the the Hill-Top map that is trivial.

Any other map, your only option is to get lucky with a worm spot, fishing up a treasure chest, or buying 1 copper ore from clint.
                                    Then throw the ore on the ground close enough you automatically loot it, and repeat until the journal updates as completed.

• Sleeping Fox

Sleeping Fox Void-Bound Voyager

mines.png

When I entered level 18 of the Skull Mine today, I was greeted by at least eight ghosts. I don't think I have seen so many of them attack at once (taking this screenshot nearly killed me). And as if these guys weren't annoying enough, they were also joined by a few serpents.

BentFX likes this.
                                      • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

@BentFX Noticed you don't have a lot of the tools, is it possible to put the tools in a chest? Never thought about it before, and is this "you need a mod to do that" or not? It would make things somewhat easier if it's possible to put an unused tool in a chest. Guess since most of the time I'm needing the tools so much I never thought about putting a tool in a chest....

• One More Day

Yeah, never waste inventory space carrying unnecessary items, including tools. Hoe comes everywhere in case there's a worm spot to dig, the rest only as needed. Leave them in a chest.