Race The Three Races That Everyone Needs...

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by jaraji, May 9, 2015.

1. jaraji

jaraji Void-Bound Voyager

I would sincerely love it if there were the three races that follow:

The "Creators":
    Strange ghostly phantoms that would wear hoods/gold visors and robes. Their racial abilities would be something along the lines of increased jump height/movement speed.
    Lore: The "Creators" have prolonged human existence by billions of years. They faced the apocalyptic cataclysm of the "Big Bang", and have grown to survive harsher environments. And have evolved to survive the next cataclysm. They have the scientific means to actually have a living organism as their ship.

The "Forgotten":
    A race of forgotten experiments created by the humans. The "Forgotten's" ultimate goal is to drive every race to extinction.
    They resemble humans and glitch, for they were a cross breed experiment. They have human faces with metal mouth pieces covering their faces. They are highly psychic and have the ability to break things far away with there bare hands. They also come armed with a tech that let's them shoot psychic waves of energy at enemies from far off.
    Lore: On their first day out of the blood fire forge they are told never to trust anyone. They also have a burning memory of relishing sin and malicious behavior. They will do anything to kill those who created their forebears. They have a ship composed of chunks of electronic parts held together by psionic energies. A psionic shield therefore guards their ship.

The "Crassis":
    Humans always thought they saw strange circles in their fields, flying saucers, and also thought of demons. They never put it together though and never believed that aliens and demons are one and the same. The "Crassis" have hid in earth for aeons. And when humans left it in ashes, and then flew away, The "Crassis" followed. They coveted themselves in the dark reaches of space, waiting to pounce...
    Lore: pretty much said it up there^
    They have the ability to see better in the dark and are lava (but not fire!) resistant.
    Their ship is a fleshy skeleton of some unknown alien vermin, with lasers and boosters put inside.

PabloElPuas likes this.
  2. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

This would be the dark side of starbound...
    Me likey.
    Also, that third one reminds me of that one episode in doctor who... :3

PabloElPuas likes this.
  3. jaraji

The forgotten make me think of the didactic from halo4
    And the Creators make me think of nemesis Q from the psyren manga

So yes this was very well inspired by other themes

4. DarkHypno

DarkHypno Subatomic Cosmonaut

Like. Much like. Plenty like.
    That definitely is some creepy stuff. I totally dig it. I personally prefer all the creepy little things in Starbound to it's much more blatant and brighter side, so your hitting my soft spot. My only concern with these races is that these guys have racial powers and pretty interesting strengths and weaknesses. Thats not at all a /bad/ thing but the other races in Starbound don't include these, so it could result in unbalanced gameplay. All in all thought it's really cool and I think theres a tone of creativity here.

"The Creators"
    This totally sounds like it could be the eight race. They might be valued a little higher than the other seven but I'm sure most people will overlook it. I really like the floran-eusqe living ship thing. As long as they stay as demigods and not all powerful beings I think this could totally fit into the game and add a great mysterious touch.

"The Forgotten"
    The idea works well, with the psychic power as their defining feature. You really managed to add something new here. My only worries are that the racial powers sound pretty.... Powery. Maybe these racial powers could come in the form of weapons and tech? The ship idea sounds awesome like the first one.

"The Crassis"
    WANT
    These ones are probably my favorite. They're just... I like. Theres been plenty of demonic objects and references in starbound but nothing really flat-out unless you count the bone dragon and he was pretty much removed. They really enhance the creepy side of the game. I like the racial power of night vision, but lava might be taking it far even thought it works with the lore. Also, one pal hitch in the lore. Earth got eaten. Like... Totally eaten.

Awesome races man! Keep it up!

5. jaraji

I was planning on having the Forgotten psychic stuff be a starting tech instead of them having any starting weaponry.

But thank you for the critique.[DOUBLEPOST=1431383080][/DOUBLEPOST]I am going to add pixel art to the forum to show you guys what I am trying to pull here.

But tell your friends.
    Get it to chuckle fish...
    Who knows... This could be the next "big" update.[DOUBLEPOST=1431385756][/DOUBLEPOST] image.jpg
    Forgotten or could you not tell

Last edited: May 12, 2015