1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The world is dark and full of terrors.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Another Kevin, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

So... i went back to SB after i read about the new update, here are my first impressions:

-Hey , a whistling ponytail gnome , sweet, i wanna lick it :lickitung:
    - Oops, it's hostile and i forgot to put my weapon into the toolbar, easy first death :party:

Moving on, first random monster type found : Hostile, next random monster type found: hostile.

-Alright, i guess grassland monsters don't netflix & chill with me anymore.

Then i admin'd and got me my thrusters to visit a desert planet. There i found the golden snitch - in black .

-Dayum, golden snitch in black, i wanna lick you so bad :lickitung:

-Snitch got no flying license and flies way to fast , kicks me down a mountain, second death, i love this game :rainbowbarf:

So i went the other way this time ( in fact, left instead of right) and found the healing water. On my way , i found some more random monsters, all hostile, two types in fact. Found some healing water, where i met some really cool looking dodos .

- Deez dodos skippin leg day, MUST LICK :lickitung:
    - Aaaand nope, they never skipped it , they jump further than hulk when he's angry, and ofc they're hostile.

I managed to escape , ran to a house, they still chased me.
    And then, my fps died. I couldn't move, but they could.

- Mercy plz... Y u do dis , dodo? Villager... i need to tell you something... i love you...:lickitung:

And i died... and the villager died as well.

Why is likely everything hostile now? It makes licking a challenge (nicuuu~ :disshappy:) but i still love me some good ol' chlling mobs.

Yzzey and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.
  2. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Look for hypnares. They're too preoccupied with dancing to be hostile.
    [​IMG]

3. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

I got the feeling that they might be hostile... Spinning you to death ._.

4. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Only a few of the random gen monsters are neutral now, and even then not all planets have peaceful mobs.

5. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I'm totally fine with most monsters being hostile. There's not a lot of friendly wild Pokemon in the Pokemon games, and the whole capture system rework coming Soon™ is what I've waited all these years for.

One step closer to Poké Starbound

6. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I fell like there should be some mobs that will just... run from you. Prey animals, big and small. Maybe those drop more meat/leather more often if you catch and kill them.

Or some that will follow you curiously, as some NPCs do. Oooh, maybe some that will follow for a bit, waiting, but there's like a 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 chance of it deciding to have a go at you if your HP dips below a certain %.

Little variety of behavior.

7. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

@Oberic The term I do believe you are looking for is either Poke-bound or Star-mon. Either work just fine.

8. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

swadloonplush.png
    Thank you for inspiring me to make this. 16x16, as per the poptop/virorb plushies, viewed at 500% zoom; gonna be sticking it in the next version of my mod as a placeable object.
    Bug-type best type
    i couldn't get the face to look good at this resolution :nurusad: