1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Theory: Novakid Origins [ SPOILERS ]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zebe, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I have played and beaten the game as a few different races including Novakid and I got the same dialog with all of them.

2. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Maybe you should read what's been said in this thread, instead of answering to only the title.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
  3. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I was just throwing in a new idea that had not yet been thought of yet ( as far as I know).

4. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

What use is there of a such an idea while we already have a pretty solid foundation on something else entirely being the case?

There's a huge analysis of in-game material in the original post, there was additional evidence just on the last page, and then you just contradict all of it with a "just dropping some ideas" and zero support or reasoning, including the usual handwaved nonsensical explanation for Novakids not having an artifact like "lol they'd lose it". All while we already have a pretty good understanding of their origins, and know that the true reason they don't have an artifact is because they simply didn't exist at the time.

It's frankly coming across as somewhat disrespectful to the work everyone's been doing so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  5. SilverCatChuckles?

SilverCatChuckles? Void-Bound Voyager

The problem in your counter claim can be solved with a theory of my own...
    My theory is that the Cultivator is actually a Nova himself kid let me explain why this would work.
    Its quite clear that the Cultivator and the Ruin are two different species but if thats the case what is their species.
    There species cant be god thats more of a title given to them due to there vast power.
    If the cultivator really was a Novakid that would mean that the "ripped" race (or 8th race) would be the ruins race a creature composed of tentacles the species of the ruin.
    This would explain why the the 8th race was ripped of the wall basically racism "...hey you look like that guy we dont like so where inclined to not like you f#%k off." (essentially they were banished)
    This would also explain talk about other gods like Kluex and BigApe not actually being a god but accesnding to that point of power where they are dietied.
    Meaning the Nova kids would have been able to appear on the ark gate as they did because they already existed
    This would mean each race has a god and each god would have a race.B
    BUT the one ENORMOUS problem with this is that this theory only explains why the 8th species is ripped from the wall and not given an artifact because the Cultivator doesnt trust them IT DOES NOT explain why the cultivator didnt give his own species a artifact UNLESS maybe the Novakids are the real evil in the universe not to be trusted by their own god.
    BUT in the words of a wise man "...hey thats just a theory a game theory..." thanks for reading.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  6. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

That wise man you mentioned is responsible for a certain For Honor theory, so your argument is diminished slightly.

Guest0241525 likes this.
  7. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Yeah, the Cultivator being something like a Novakid would explain why there's a Novakid on the gate, but I'd rather think the Cultivator in some way predicted its own remains would become the Novakid. In that case the fact that Novakids didn't get a Artifact could be because the Cultivator died for the Novas to exist, so it couldn't hand them one.

Still anything wouldn't explain why 8th race/Tentacle Eye was carved into the gate. Why'd the Cultivator put them into a gate they are making for the purpose of sealing them, and then remove them from it right away? Unless that gate existed before the Ruin tried to... ruin everything, but who knows.

I don't think it was intended for every race to have a god. Big Ape might not even really exist, Kluex was one of the Avians that the Avian Artifact was given to (if I recall correctly, not 100% sure on that), and Florans and Hylotl don't have a clear deity. Glitch and Novakid were created by Cultivator (I think? My knowledge on SB lore is getting rusty).

8. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

The missing eight slot was meant to represent the Ruin; similar to how the Novakid represent the Cultivator as its remnants.
    It was removed, so that players wouldn't be misled about a possible "eight race"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MatPat videos are pure clickbait, his theories rarely hold water and usually utilize far-fetched troll logic. Nothing "wise" about that.

He does not.

[​IMG]
    No canon sources on who Kluex is, but that indeed is the leading theory.

We don't know who created the Glitch (my bet would be on the Ancients, the ones who built the Vaults and such), but the Novakid are remnants that the Cultivator shattered into. Which is, you know, the subject of this theory.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
    jonathonspy and Zebe like this.
  9. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

oh cool theory confirmed

:V