This game looks beyond awesome!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saber Cherry, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

The pictures are making me drool:
    http://stardewvalley.net/media/

Please note the presence of MULTIPLE swords in the inventory in, for example, this shot:
    http://stardewvalley.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/9779124_orig.png

So basically, farming with mining and combat! The graphics look cute and cheerful, and generally my impression is much more positive than the Rune Factory series (which I like, but it just feels unpolished). The only way I could get more excited about Stardew Valley - which I only first heard of 15 minutes ago - would be if I found out the combat and music will be as good as Zelda 3 or Secret of Mana. Which is... maybe too much to wish for? Still, this is on my shortlist of games to acquire the instant they come out!

Leonhartd likes this.
    • Maverik

Maverik Void-Bound Voyager

If the trailer music is any indication, the sound assets seem to be promising. Like... wow.

And the gameplay itself seems very fluid, so I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

• Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Like in Rune Factory!

• Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I am really looking forward to this game

• Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

As much as I will most likely look forward the game, I'll just wait with starbound.
            EDIT: Watched a few trailers videos, and I have a few things to say.
            1. The game is extremely good, looking forward. Can't decide which chucklefish game I will play more.
            2. I already can see the minecraft fanboys whining. :C

• Zombie Draxx

Zombie Draxx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm sandbox farming game with swords...yes please!

Landlaw likes this.
              • Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

This game totally does look amazing. Personally, nothing can top Rune Factory for me.
                But this game looks really fantastic despite!

Landlaw likes this.
                • Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree!
                  Rune Factory Tides of Destiny,

• Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I am really looking forward to this game. The music sounds amazing, and the graphics are so nice! I love games like this. So simple, yet complex. The amount of fun that will com out of this game for me will be beyond MineCraft or Terraria. This game has an amazing combat system ( at least from what i see) and a nice building system. If I get enough money to buy this game when it comes out, then i might have to get a few more copies for friends or my family.

Now I am waiting for two games. StarBound and Stardew Valley. I hope that this game stays strong and has no problems like one of the indie games I know. For example Project Zomboid, developed by The Indie Stone, was stolen by people. Their laptops were gone and so was their work, which put them far behind schedule. Hopeully something as tragic as that does not happen to this game.

Anyways, Good luck to the Devs! :)

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I just realized how both Starboun and Stardew Valley both have star in the name. Hm. In any case, I must say, I totally love the music. Definitely looking forward to it.

Pigeon likes this.