This is the game series this is based on.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloakedboltz, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Frisky Fox

Frisky Fox Void-Bound Voyager

I'm actually playing the newest Harvest Moon at the moment, "A New Beginning," and it's probably the best I've played since Wonderful Life (and I've played them since the beginning!). I'm not looking to put one over the other, in the same way I see Rune Factory and Harvest Moon as different games I really enjoy. It looks unique enough to stand out from HM, in my opinion :>

• natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Are there games like Rune Factory (and Harvest Moon) that still have the farming/community element in them, and RF's fighting/dungeoneering element, but aren't super anime-esque like Rune Factory and some of HM is and aren't so slow (and don't limit you by making you spend energy when farming and doing actions)?

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Sounds like Stardew Valley. :D

• natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Well then you sir, without a doubt, have won my full support and utter excitement! :DD Your game looks SO good!

Landlaw likes this.
          • Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

I, for one, have (played) Rune Factories 1 and 3, Harvest Moon DS: Grand Bazaar and Innocent Life "A futuristic Harvest Moon".
            But I lost RF3. :(

Landlaw likes this.
            • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I definitely need to get into the Rune Factory series.

• Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

Yes. Yes you do.
                The firs one is good, but I personally prefer the third one because you can carry a stack of sh*t by continously picking up the same item you are half...
                Half sheep, or wooly, as the game calls them. [spoiler/]

• oath2order

You can pick up sh*t?

• pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been playing Harvest Moon since Back to Nature. My parents never got me a Nintendo 64 or Super Nintendo, so I missed out on those HM games. I went directly from Nintendo and Sega Genesis to the Playstation, because I bought it from a friend. Still love all the HM games and I'm almost 41! Pixelated farming games have become a soothing and very relaxing pastime for me. I'm even decorating my baby's room with a farm theme because of the relaxing association.

• Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

You my friend: I like you; you prove to the masses that games are not just for younger folks who started out on a SNES or PS1 or even an Atari. Anyone can enjoy video games, in their own way :) Video games for me are life. The heros in the games were my idols growing up, instead of Brittney Spears or those people who were constantly in trouble. And you know what? Im alot better for it. Its kept me mentally active. So to you: I salute you :)

BurlCato likes this.
                      • Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Never played RF 2 and 3, but 1 was absolutely amazing!
                        Loved the combat side of the game, freshened up the Harvest Moon formula quite a bit.

It's probably one of the main reasons I'm excited for Stardew valley.

• BurlCato

BurlCato Aquatic Astronaut

Ha, I watched the video, and was in the process of scrolling down to say the exact same thing when I saw this. Spot on. Harvest Moon was great, but I have to admit I always ended up spending most winters waking up, feeding/milking my cows and getting back in bed. It'll be great to get into a newer, more customizable version of this type of game.

• oath2order

That's winter for ya.