Modding Help tIDE Pathing help

Discussion in 'Mods' started by avengedluvee, Apr 6, 2017.

1. avengedluvee

avengedluvee Aquatic Astronaut

Basically I spent a few hours figuring out how to edit my own farm map, but then I put it in the game and I have the problem of not being able to walk on certain spots that I've put in (meaning they were there originally). Also being able to walk where I shouldn't be able to walk. (i.e I can walk on water)

If anyone knows how to fix this, or what I possibly did wrong, I'd appreciate the help.

Below I marked off where I couldn't walk, and the arrow showing that's how it let me out onto the water to walk on.

413150_20170405203335_1.png

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

You need to make sure that all of the bridge tiles are marked "Passable T" in the tilesheet's properties. There could also be invisible building layer tiles (though not on your bridge in this example) or the water tile underneath the bridge spot has the "Passable F" property in the tilesheet.
      Blocking access to walking on water can be solved in a couple ways:
      1) Adding invisible building layer tiles that don't have the "Passable T" property on them in the tilesheet outside the edges of the bridge.
      2) Or the way I've seen it mostly done: Add the "Passable F" property to all water tiles into the tile sheet, then choose 1 water tile that you will put under the bridge, remove the Passable property or change it to "Passable T" on it and use that tile in the background layer under the bridges.

If you still have troubles, you can post your file here and I or someone else can look at it.

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

If that bridge gives you trouble with not being able to walk over it, that may just be the bridge being weird. I know a while ago i made a farm map with that plank bridge, and it was unwalkable for some reason. I asked a bunch of people and they had no clue why, and a few others had that issue. Just to keep in mind in case it wont work.

• YepMan

YepMan Space Hobo

Salut! J'ai trouvé l'astuce !!! (FRANÇAIS);)

J'ai eu le mode et je l'ai résolu!
          En fait c'est une question de Variables, en clic droit sur une tuile vous verrez afficher: "Tile Index Properties ..."
          Les tuiles "Back" sous votre pont ont seulement avoir la variable "T" pour vous puissiez passer dessus!
          Certaines tuiles d'eau ont deux variables "F" et "T" sont là pour l'utilisation en bordure des ponts pour ne pas marcher sur l'eau!
          J'espère vous avoir aidé! ;)

S'amuser!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
          • YepMan

YepMan Space Hobo

Hello ! I've found the Answer !!! ;)

I had the same problem and I solved it!
            In fact it is a question of Variables, right click on a tile you will see display: "Tile Index Properties ..."
            The tiles "back" under your bridge must only have the variable "T" so that you can pass on it!
            Some water tiles have two variables "F" and "T" those are to be used along the bridges not to walk on the water!
            I hope I've helped you ! ;

Have Fun !

KThxBye910 likes this.