NPC Tiktaalik-inspired Hylotl Pet

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Mackinz, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

As much as I love cute cats and pigs, I don't think that all the races in the game should have pets that fit the standard imagination of one on Earth. While a pig or a cat may make sense for the Humans, I honestly want to see very exotic or strange pets for the Avians, Florans, Glitch, Hylotl and Novakid, and I recently made a Reddit comment to that effect for a Hylotl pet idea.

What is Tiktaalik? Tiktaalik is one of many transitional species between fish and land-dwelling amphibians, a strange. crocodile-like fish which hunted in water but could go on land with its developed leg-fins.

[​IMG]

If we are talking about strange or unusual pet ideas for an aquatic axolotl-based race, what would be better than a very large amphibian?

Now, it probably shouldn't be an exact Tiktaalik, and should probably have some customizations to make it more alien-looking like the Hylotl, but it's definitely an idea I really like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

Two thumbs up

Mackinz likes this.
  3. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Idk, would hylotl, a peaceful herbivore (or at least omnivore but preferring to eat plants as per their culture) species have a ruthless hunter as their pet? Not to mention a lot of hylotl cultures made references to frogs, so it could be very possible that their pet could just be a frog.

AntiStoned likes this.
  4. mrtallyman

mrtallyman Starship Captain

i'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that each race will eventually get their own kind of pet.

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Meh. Possibly. Maybe the Tiktaalik on their homeworld have been domesticated so that, like cats, they eat meat but aren't "ruthless".

Frogs are amphibians. Tiktaalik is one of the reasons why frogs exist. Clearly, one is superior. ;)