Tilapia is a freshwater fish, not saltwater

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xordaii, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xordaii

Xordaii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IRL Tilapia is a freshwater fish. Is there any plans to change/fix it being ocean package and spawning in the ocean instead of lakes and rivers in-game?

I know it is a small thing, not game breaking. It is a bit jarring once you notice and know it isn't how they work. Like realizing Orcas are dolphins, not whales, or Pandas aren't bears, they are marsupials. Maybe it is the Mom in me talking, it makes me stop and want to correct my kids.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Moved thread as this is not a support issue.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

SDV tilapia have evolved? Maybe it was to escape the catfish. They are super agressive Maybe it was exposure to jo-ja cola. Dunno.

I get where you are coming from though.

The irritant I still can't get over is that I swear the pictures/sprites for daffodils and dandylions are switched. We used to have dandy lions in our yard growing up they are yellow in bloom. My mom loved to have us kids blow the fuzz away and my dad would lose his mind eveytime because we were spreading the seeds of a weed he had to spend money to get out of the lawn.. Daffodils while also yellow, also have lower classification flowers that are other colors. But I'll carry my burden in silence. :)

• Xordaii

Xordaii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lol Okay, derailed but have to reply. TBF dandylions have a yellow and white growth stage, so either makes sense as long as the flower shape is correct for whatever stage. Daffodils come in a rainbow of colors, but yellow always was the default in my hometown, so yeah I hate yellow ones too. Purple or white makes more sense. I won't have Pink in my yard no matter what happens, gunpoint or plaque.

Go ahead close this topic, forums need to be updated that bug reports go to reddit. I was directed here on Nexus Mods, to discord group on these forums, and that group directs you to https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/ebocvd/stardew_valley_14_released_on_console_and_pc/ Reddit also redirects you to Discord, so I had to ask on Discord. A mod there verified you need to use the above link.

Need to not be redirected in circles for bug reports. Don't know what kids do to report who aren't allowed on reddit. I usually don't bother with reddit on desktop, and couldn't get the links to open or even find them on my mobile version. I finally had to breakdown and use it on PC. Could have been fixed if the thread was pinned, but it really isn't easy to find even on reddit. I had to follow the link from Discord.

Feels like devs don't want reports. Mine might not be a valid one in some people's opinion, but it still needs to be easier to find where to report.

For Mods: maybe post a link when you see posts like this asking about bugs to where to post bugs? https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/ebocvd/stardew_valley_14_released_on_console_and_pc/
          Instead of moving to General Discussion. Bugs won't ever be found in General, or if posted in wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2020
          • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

Quite fair as I said about the spring forages. It just bugs me for some reason.
            I see the shapes differently I guess. Either way, not related to original post.

I'll agree the run-around to get bugs reported is ridiculous.
            What is though, is that it's not a "bug" that the fish are located in a different place in the fantasy world than the real world. A bug is a coding feature that gives us unintended results. And I could see the thought process you used If the talapia had been meant to be in the river only but were being caught in the ocean instead, then it would be a bug. But, alas, it was a choice in populating the universe which is not a bug.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

As requested.

Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.