1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Time for a sorting update!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Droidigan, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Droidigan

Droidigan Void-Bound Voyager

A tale as old as time...

So, as a player with almost 400 hours on this game, I'm kinda sick of waiting for a storage update. And I know y'all will be like "but there are tons of mods for that". Trust me, I've tried.

The problem with mods when it comes to sorting and storage is that they get outdated, I've lost items and games over this. It's not fun. This is truly a quality of life update we need.I hate to compare, I really do, but Minecraft has hoppers and redstone and terraria has sort-to-chest and quickstacking, and you can craft with items while having a chest open. I don't want to have to install Fracking Universe just to have a better storing mechanic in the game. With so many items this is really a necessity!

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I agree to add the game itself something like this. It's so tedious to have to sort all the items you have manually. Maybe some people doesn't really care about it, but as a people who likes things tidy like myself, it's a troublesome. So yeah, Starbound should have something like that Minecraft and Terraria does.

Maybe put this directly on the devs' face so they know it.

3. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

Iirc, something that's still on the "considered concepts" list is automation of various things, perhaps sorting is part of that

although chances are, automation would be at best a secondary feature to an update

4. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Somehow still hoping there's an update that removes solo player latency...