1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Time Lord Mod

Discussion in 'Races' started by jonboze, Dec 15, 2013.

1. jonboze

jonboze Void-Bound Voyager

12/16 EDIT: Fixed a bug where the TARDIS has no tech station. Implemented an opening cinematic.

This started as an attempt to create a TARDIS ship, but as I continued, I couldn't help but create a sonic screwdriver, and a David Tennant coat. It started to get a bit clunky, so I've merged them all into a new timelord race, so as to keep it separate from the human race files.

There are a couple of little bugs in the TARDIS (which isn't complete yet, but very playable) but nothing should crash your game. Very easy to install, just drop in the mods folder.

[​IMG]

Currently, this mod has:

Timelord Race: Nearly identical to human so far as character creation is concerned.

Timelord cinematic

TARDIS Ship: "finished". Until I change my mind again.

Sonic Screwdriver: replaces the matter manipulator for Timelords (matter manipulator sprite still appears when placing items)

Long Coat: Only available to male Timelords during creation for the moment.

TImelord starting codex and quest.

Mod Page: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/timelord-mod.329/

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. Mwarner

Mwarner Industrial Terraformer

Can you post a link to the image or embed the image, there are a few issues with downloading attachments through the forum and Modding Page.
    Websites you may do this on:
    -Imgur
    -Imageshack
    -Mat

3. jonboze

Done. Not sure how to get the actual zip online

4. Mwarner

Mwarner Industrial Terraformer

It is always good to include an alternate download link
    These are a few places you can upload:
    -Official Chuckle Fish Mod Host
    -MediaFire
    -Mega
    Uploading to the Official Site and providing a Alt Download should be fine.

Also I really like the looks of this!
    -Mat

5. jonboze

Alright, I've got it uploaded. Thanks for the help!

Mwarner likes this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

But wouldn't that mean the sonic screwdriver works on wood?

Holgast likes this.
  7. jonboze

Sadly, yes :)

So currently, the sonic replaces the matter manipulator tool, but does not replace the matter manipulator when placing tiles or items. I can easily fix this by replacing all of the images, but that would affect other races as well. I would like to only have it affect the timelord race. Unfortunately, it appears as though this part of its functionality is determined in the player.config under beamgunsettings, and I don't yet see a way to create a whole new category just for timelords. If I can figure this out, it'll be the next update.

8. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Get to replacing the warp sounds as soon as you can!A regeneration animation would be great too, but I imagine that it would be a lot of effort to randomly regenerate your character each time.
    I like how (at least from the picture) you can't see the outside of the TARDIS, so this one has a working chameleon circuit. It would be great if you could get some Gallifreyan script for the navigator.

9. jonboze

To change the warp sound or the navigation for the TARDIS without affecting the other ships, it looks like I need to create a TardisCockpit, separate from the normal Cockpit. I'm not seeing a way to define a new openTardisCockpitInterface at the moment.