Time progression when awake vs asleep

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcboundX, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ArcboundX

ArcboundX Void-Bound Voyager

It has recently come to my attention that time seems to flow faster while the player is asleep for machines than when the player is awake. (An hour totalling 60 minutes when awake, and 100 when asleep.)

Is this a bug or is this intended? I'm asking because i'm working on a modded machine at the moment and i want to know this to take it into account (or not in case it's a bug).

Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, it's a bug apparently.

"In standard gameplay, each 10minute interval advances the clock and all time-based mechanics (kegs, jars, etc) by a sensible 10 minutes... ...And then, if the time would end in a 60, you and the entire world abruptly time-travel forward by another 40 minutes

This prevents the kegs/jars from getting 100 minutes per hour. ...While you are awake.

When you are asleep, or at a festival, or some other time-skipping event is happening... the game just does the sloppy subtraction operation to figure out how much time to add to the kegs/jars/etc

This is why kegs and jars and stuff work faster while you are asleep. They are gaining the benefit of the impossible minutes"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
    • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I thought it was a design feature (intended) to add a reason to go to bed earlier instead of always pushing to stay awake until 2am. A trade off thing.

I mean otherwise why wouldn't you just make the minutes pass so many game minutes per real life minute? Period. why do the 10 min for ten min, then add 40?